Can't Install MT4/MT5 on German zone VPS

1.It seems that the problem of being unable to download and install MT4/MT5 on a German zone VPS has not been resolved. I had posted to report this 2 weeks ago.

I have recorded a video for you to see the real problem. If you need to investigate, you can contact me. I will provide my VPS IP for testing

Currently, I have to zip the MT4 program for upload to VPS instead of installing it new

2.the second problem is after the "Old Version" message appears and I update MT4 by closing the terminal and reopening it, it's totally unusable on the German VPS. I have to reinstall it by uploading a zipped MT4 file and setting it up again on the VPS

Manu Tabtim:

1.It seems that the problem of being unable to download and install MT4/MT5 on a German zone VPS has not been resolved. I had posted to report this 2 weeks ago.

I have recorded a video for you to see the real problem. If you need to investigate, you can contact me. I will provide my VPS IP for testing

Currently, I have to zip the MT4 program for upload to VPS instead of installing it new

2.the second problem is after the "Old Version" message appears and I update MT4 by closing the terminal and reopening it, it's totally unusable on the German VPS. I have to reinstall it by uploading a zipped MT4 file and setting it up again on the VPS

I'd say the MT4 install routine isn't able to download the relevant files from its source due to the firewall settings of your VPS.

I don't know exactly which port needs to be opened to get it working, but your VPS blocks the connection/download, which is the reason for the issue you're facing.

Apart from that, I suggest using a Windows 2019 VPS if you start from scratch. Sooner or later, Win 2012 will be end of life.

Daniel Stein #:

I'd say the MT4 install routine isn't able to download the relevant files from its source due to the firewall settings of your VPS.

I don't know exactly which port needs to be opened to get it working, but your VPS blocks the connection/download, which is the reason for the issue you're facing.

Apart from that, I suggest using a Windows 2019 VPS if you start from scratch. Sooner or later, Win 2012 will be end of life.

I tried disabling the firewall but still couldn't install. However, I tried other VPS zones such as UK or USA and it can be installed normally.

Manu Tabtim #:
I tried disabling the firewall but still couldn't install. However, I tried other VPS zones such as UK or USA and it can be installed normally.

That's great, but it is still an issue related to your VPS provider. 

I use several VPS from different providers in Germany and never had any issues installing a MetaTrader terminal. So, it's no regional issue.

The best is to contact your provider's support and ask them why their VPS behave different in different locations.