How to get specific symbol's trading hours !!!

Dear Fellow Members

How can I programmatically get the Symbols trading session timings for different assets I plan to trade in?

Trade Timings

So if I want to trade in AMZN Stock, I need to know the timings and programmatically restrict POSITION open and POSITION close just before 'Trade' Hours Close e.g. close at 22:45 Hrs

Looked at Symbol Properties, but could find any one to return me these values.

Highly appreciate the sooner reply.

SymbolInfoSessionQuote

Allows receiving time of beginning and end of the specified quoting sessions for a specified symbol and day of week.

SymbolInfoSessionTrade

Allows receiving time of beginning and end of the specified trading sessions for a specified symbol and day of week.

Documentation on MQL5: Market Info / SymbolInfoSessionQuote
Documentation on MQL5: Market Info / SymbolInfoSessionQuote
  • www.mql5.com
SymbolInfoSessionQuote - Market Info - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

This is how to use any of the above two functions in your code:

for(uint day_of_week=0; day_of_week<7; day_of_week++)
     {
      string str="";
      uint session_index=0;
      datetime from,to;
      while(SymbolInfoSessionTrade(symbol,(ENUM_DAY_OF_WEEK)day_of_week,session_index++,from,to))
        {
         str+=TimeToString(from,TIME_MINUTES)+"-"+TimeToString(to,TIME_MINUTES)+" ";
        }
      PrintFormat("%10s: %s",EnumToString((ENUM_DAY_OF_WEEK)day_of_week),str);
     }

Fernando Carreiro #:

SymbolInfoSessionQuote

Allows receiving time of beginning and end of the specified quoting sessions for a specified symbol and day of week.

SymbolInfoSessionTrade

Allows receiving time of beginning and end of the specified trading sessions for a specified symbol and day of week.

Thanks a lot @Fernando Carreiro

Also thanks for suggesting OrderCalcMargin() in one of my earlier post. At that time I could not understood how you wanted me to use it for currency conversion. However yesterday as I was researching about currency conversion, I got idea as how to use it to calculate 'Amount Invested' in the positions for PortfolioVaR. I needed a little bit of extra code to define ORDER_TYPE (for open positions, it is POSITION_TYPE) as well as code to maintain nominal value as -ve for SHORT positions. It seems to be working fine for now and will back test few strategies to confirm the accuracy.

Regards,

amrali #:

This is how to use any of the above two functions in your code:

Thanks a lot @amrali for thinking in advance and making my life easier by providing the code to use these functions. Else I would have really been struggling for it now.

Regards,

Topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading