MT4 - offload unused RAM

Hi there, I am running an EA in MT4.

Initially MT4 is using around 50mb RAM. After 2-3 weeks it gets to 150mb RAM and will continue to use more and more every week.

I assume this is normal, my question is how to offload the RAM without closing MT4 and respectively without disturbing the work of the EA?

Regards!

1. Stop assuming. My terminal has a commit size of 688MB (working set of 150MB) with 43 charts. It never changes.
  2. If restarting the terminal disturbs the EA, it is broken.

kanadeca: Hi there, I am running an EA in MT4. Initially MT4 is using around 50mb RAM. After 2-3 weeks it gets to 150mb RAM and will continue to use more and more every week. I assume this is normal, my question is how to offload the RAM without closing MT4 and respectively without disturbing the work of the EA?

No, it is not necessarily normal.

The EA may have a memory leak or poor management of dynamic arrays or class objects.

The source code should be debugged and the problem fixed.

Ok, this do not answers the question - is it possible to unload the RAM used by MT4 without closing or restarting it and without disturbing the work of the EAs attached?

kanadeca #:
Ok, this do not answers the question - is it possible to unload the RAM used by MT4 without closing or restarting it and without disturbing the work of the EAs attached?

No.

Your EA allocates memory and does not deallocate.
Either debug and fix EA as William and Fernando suggested, or periodically restart the EA or MT4.