Trouble finding viable remote desktop software that is fully compatible with MT5 Terminal

Hi,

I usually manual trade using a notebook. Recently I noticed a need to have remote access to it for trading, something that would include the ability to press (hot) keys over a chart. Since my notebook has basic W11, thus no native Windows Remote Desktop, I'm need to use a third party system such as AnyDesk.

The problem is that all the ones I tried had limitations when typing the keyboard over the MT5 Terminal: Google Remote Desktop doesn't type anything, TeamViewer gave me license headaches and AnyDesk, the best I tested, allowed me to control normal keys (M, P, etc.), but not special keys (Esc, Home, etc.). 

So my question is: is there any known reliable system of remote desktop access that allows to fully use the keyboard within the MT5 Terminal?

Martin Bittencourt: I usually manual trade using a notebook. Recently I noticed a need to have remote access to it for trading, something that would include the ability to press (hot) keys over a chart. Since my notebook has basic W11, thus no native Windows Remote Desktop, I'm need to use a third party system such as AnyDesk. The problem is that all the ones I tried had limitations when typing the keyboard over the MT5 Terminal: Google Remote Desktop doesn't type anything, TeamViewer gave me license headaches and AnyDesk, the best I tested, allowed me to control normal keys (M, P, etc.), but not special keys (Esc, Home, etc.).  So my question is: is there any known reliable system of remote desktop access that allows to fully use the keyboard within the MT5 Terminal?

Do you mean to use your notebook as the "client" or as the "server"?

If you mean "server", why not just upgrade your Windows Home to Pro. I believe the upgrade price is $99.

Martin Bittencourt:

Hi,

I usually manual trade using a notebook. Recently I noticed a need to have remote access to it for trading, something that would include the ability to press (hot) keys over a chart. Since my notebook has basic W11, thus no native Windows Remote Desktop, I'm need to use a third party system such as AnyDesk.

The problem is that all the ones I tried had limitations when typing the keyboard over the MT5 Terminal: Google Remote Desktop doesn't type anything, TeamViewer gave me license headaches and AnyDesk, the best I tested, allowed me to control normal keys (M, P, etc.), but not special keys (Esc, Home, etc.). 

So my question is: is there any known reliable system of remote desktop access that allows to fully use the keyboard within the MT5 Terminal?

There is an open source solution called RustDesk, maybe that satisfies your needs.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Do you mean to use your notebook as the "client" or as the "server"?

If you mean "server", why not just upgrade your Windows Home to Pro. I believe the upgrade price is $99.

Well, I considered that option, but at least when I click in the link W11 itself provides me for the update, it asks for R$800 (around U$160), something that isn't acceptable for me given I'm only in need of a single, extra tool :T (to have in mind, R$800 is more than half of a minimum wage here in Brazil).

Dominik Christian Egert #:
There is an open source solution called RustDesk, maybe that satisfies your needs.

This one did the trick! Thanks! Only a pitty that the handling of the screen seems a little messy, but at least all controls works.