Sample of MQL5 using custom indicator

I am used to coding in MQL4.

I am trying to test an indicator that is MT5. I tried to code in MQL5, but it´s very different from MQL4, I can´t even understand the function ordersend.

Do you have a sample of  EA MQL5 I can use to learn MQL5?

TIA

Flavio Benites

Flavio Benites: I am used to coding in MQL4. I am trying to test an indicator that is MT5. I tried to code in MQL5, but it´s very different from MQL4, I can´t even understand the function ordersend. Do you have a sample of  EA MQL5 I can use to learn MQL5?

There are many examples in the CodeBase and in the Articles. Have a look at the MQL5 Cookbook series as well as the following ...

Articles

Orders, Positions and Deals in MetaTrader 5

MetaQuotes, 2011.02.01 16:13

Creating a robust trading robot cannot be done without an understanding of the mechanisms of the MetaTrader 5 trading system. The client terminal receives the information about the positions, orders, and deals from the trading server. To handle this data properly using the MQL5, it's necessary to have a good understanding of the interaction between the MQL5-program and the client terminal.

Articles

Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners

Samuel Olowoyo, 2010.06.09 11:37

The Expert Advisors programming in MQL5 is simple, and you can learn it easy. In this step by step guide, you will see the basic steps required in writing a simple Expert Advisor based on a developed trading strategy. The structure of an Expert Advisor, the use of built-in technical indicators and trading functions, the details of the Debug mode and use of the Strategy Tester are presented.

Fernando Carreiro #:

There are many examples in the CodeBase and in the Articles. Have a look at the MQL5 Cookbook series as well as the following ...

I tried to find examples, I didn´t know where I could find them, thank you!

Flavio Benites #: I tried to find examples, I didn´t know where I could find them, thank you!

If you prefer to read in Portuguese, then the Articles by Daniel Jose may be ideal. His series "Desenvolvendo um EA de negociação do zero" may be exactly what you need.

Artigos

Desenvolvendo um EA de negociação do zero

Daniel Jose, 2021.12.17 13:48

Entenda como se dá o desenvolvimento de um EA para negociação programando o mínimo possível.