Can someone explain what iTime actually do in experts?

Hi everyone, I was wondering can someone explain what iTime actually do in experts?
I've been going trough MQL description but i'm not sure that i understand as i'm not familiar that much with coding language.

I was trying to remove notification/alert from expert so it does not show up in alerts as well as NOT to flag expert to check time, in other words to be completely silent and just open/close trades 

code is part of auto trading line, will it work if i remove iTime(Symbol(),0,0)) from the IF line and then remove iTime after the code or it doesn't matter because i've already removed notification/alert part of the code.
Again, I just want EA to be  completely silent and just open/close trades without checking time.

if(AutoTrading&&signal==1&&Time0!=iTime(Symbol(),0,0))

{

Time0=iTime(Symbol(),0,0);

}

iTime returns the opening date-time of a bar/candle at a specific index/shift for a particular symbol and time-frame.

The current bar is at index/shift 0, and the previous bar is at index 1, and the one before that is at index 2, and so on.

On the chart, when you place your mouse cursor on a bar and simultaneously look at the Data Window, you will see the opening time for that bar.

That is what this function does.

Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / iTime
Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / iTime
  • www.mql5.com
iTime - Timeseries and Indicators Access - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Place your cursor on a function you don't understand and press F1. This is faster than waiting for an answer here, it's already on your pc :)

Fernando Carreiro #:

iTime returns the opening date-time of a bar/candle at a specific index/shift for a particular symbol and time-frame.

The current bar is at index/shift 0, and the previous bar is at index 1, and the one before that is at index 2, and so on.

On the chart, when you place your mouse cursor on a bar and simultaneously look at the Data Window, you will see the opening time for that bar.

That is what this function does.

Thanks for explanation it was much helpful, have a nice day!