How to use my GeFore RTX 3060 Ti graphic card GPU to run optimization?

Hi All,

Is there any developer here cares to share how to use graphic card GPU to run optimization?

my CPU has 16 cores but when it came to optimise the strategy it took over 500 hours to run. Recently, saw the thread GPU can be used to undergo parallel computing to speed up python calculation, so wondering it is possible to adopt but no experience how to configure the GPU with mt5 strategy tester.

currently using Nvida GeForce RTX 3060 Ti , 8GB memory, graphic card. CUDA VERSION 11.7

Thanks for sharing any suggestion in advance.

Parallel Calculations in MetaTrader 5
Parallel Calculations in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Time has been a great value throughout the history of mankind, and we strive not to waste it unnecessarily. This article will tell you how to accelerate the work of your Expert Advisor if your computer has a multi-core processor. Moreover, the implementation of the proposed method does not require the knowledge of any other languages besides MQL5.

C So: Hi All, Is there any developer here cares to share how to use graphic card GPU to run optimization? my CPU has 16 cores but when it came to optimise the strategy it took over 500 hours to run. Recently, saw the thread GPU can be used to undergo parallel computing to speed up python calculation, so wondering it is possible to adopt but no experience how to configure the GPU with mt5 strategy tester. currently using Nvida GeForce RTX 3060 Ti , 8GB memory, graphic card. CUDA VERSION 11.7.Thanks for sharing any suggestion in advance.

Standard MQL back-testing does not make use GPU, only CPU. To use the GPU you would have to use the OpenCL integration alongside the normal MQL in your EA code.

Another possible option is for your EA to make DLL calls to libraries that make use of GPU.

Documentation on MQL5: Working with OpenCL
Documentation on MQL5: Working with OpenCL
  • www.mql5.com
Working with OpenCL - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5