Will setting "CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE" to False in a custom indicator affect other indicators' MouseMove event?

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a custom indicator in MQL5, and I have a question regarding the CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE event. Specifically, I am wondering whether setting CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE to False in my custom indicator will prevent other indicators from receiving the MouseMove event.

Could anyone kindly shed some light on this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I greatly appreciate your time and expertise in this matter.

Yes, it affects ALL programs running on the chart.

Please read the following thread ... Disruptive Impact of Enabling/Disabling CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE for All Apps Running on Same Chart

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, it affects ALL programs running on the chart.

Please read the following thread ... Disruptive Impact of Enabling/Disabling CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE for All Apps Running on Same Chart

Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate it. I also wanted to thank you for directing me to the thread that discussed the impact of enabling/disabling CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE for all apps running on the same chart.

I apologize for not doing enough research before posting my question. I now understand that I cannot simply set CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE to false without considering its impact on all other indicators and EAs running on the same chart.

In fact, after giving it some more thought, I have a question whether setting it to false is even possible, considering the potential impact on all other indicators and EAs. Nonetheless, I am grateful for your helpful response and guidance.

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

Yutaka Okamoto #:

Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate it. I also wanted to thank you for directing me to the thread that discussed the impact of enabling/disabling CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE for all apps running on the same chart.

I apologize for not doing enough research before posting my question. I now understand that I cannot simply set CHART_EVENT_MOUSE_MOVE to false without considering its impact on all other indicators and EAs running on the same chart.

In fact, after giving it some more thought, I have a question whether setting it to false is even possible, considering the potential impact on all other indicators and EAs. Nonetheless, I am grateful for your helpful response and guidance.

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

The impact is not clearly established. I can be 0 or 100% annoyance. A code which needs to use mouse move events will set the chart setting to true, all depends when it will run compared to your app setting it to false.

Anyway, the best practice, as explained by Fernando in the other thread is to not use it and adapt your code accordingly.

Alain Verleyen #:

The impact is not clearly established. I can be 0 or 100% annoyance. A code which needs to use mouse move events will set the chart setting to true, all depends when it will run compared to your app setting it to false.

Anyway, the best practice, as explained by Fernando in the other thread is to not use it and adapt your code accordingly.

Thank you for your response. I also agree with Fernando's suggested avoidance method and understand it in the same way. Thank you very much.

Yutaka Okamoto #:
Thank you for your response. I also agree with Fernando's suggested avoidance method and understand it in the same way. Thank you very much.

If this is a known issue, could you please add a note to the documentation about it? There may be engineers who, like me, are not able to find their way to the forum discussion and would benefit from the information being readily available in the documentation.

Thank you!

Yutaka Okamoto #:

If this is a known issue, could you please add a note to the documentation about it? There may be engineers who, like me, are not able to find their way to the forum discussion and would benefit from the information being readily available in the documentation.

Thank you!

I wish I could do that.

Alain Verleyen #:
I wish I could do that.

Sending a direct message to MetaQuotes' documentation team seems to be the only way to have the information added to the documentation, don't you think?

Yutaka Okamoto #: Sending a direct message to MetaQuotes' documentation team seems to be the only way to have the information added to the documentation, don't you think?

Yes, we are well aware of that! If only it were that easy! That is why Alain stated—I wish I could do that.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, we are well aware of that! If only it were that easy! That is why Alain stated—I wish I could do that.

I also understand that the issue is not a simple one.