MetaTrader 4 Accounts - page 2

Martin Cooney,

Do you have any reservations about opening an account with Alpari? I only ask to get other's input.

It seems that Alpari is a Russian owned company. It stores client's money in Parex Bank, a bank in Riga, the capital of Latvia. Latvia seems to be a stable country with democratic gov't; also member of EU and NATO. It also seems that Alpari is applying for regulation in UK with the FSA but I do not know of a way to check the status of this registration. (Not very much info I know).

I'm not going to be able to shift any of my client's accounts money to a bank in Latvia and I have no problem waiting for however long IBFX decides to take. Yet, I would still like to run a small account off Alpari's servers in order to get some systems tested out live with small money. I'm trying to identify any risk that may be involved in this.

What input can you, or anyone else, offer as far as the financial saftey & security of Alpari and its business partners? Particularly in the are of corporate identity protection as I am least worried about the money in the account and more worried about exposing sensative information about my company.

Respectfully,
GT

Well, not a great deal of due dilegence I'm going to give you.

I know of quite a few guys using Alpari without issue, they've been around for a good while and proven to be stable, I'm using a small amount of my own money (and not someone else's) and am testing some MT4 based strategies. Alpari is the obvious choice since they'll be the only broker that I know of with MT4 functional.

Though I must say a current demo with Alpari using USD had a recorded 30 pip profit on .2 lots for a profit of $42 - now something is a little strange there :) Have asked them for more info on it given it should be $60 - I'd rather have the extra $18 myself thanks.

Sorry I can't be of more use, GT.
Martin

Thank you for your kind help.

If anyone else has helpful input, please do not hesitate to share.

Well, not a great deal of due dilegence I'm going to give you.

I know of quite a few guys using Alpari without issue, they've been around for a good while and proven to be stable, I'm using a small amount of my own money (and not someone else's) and am testing some MT4 based strategies. Alpari is the obvious choice since they'll be the only broker that I know of with MT4 functional.

Though I must say a current demo with Alpari using USD had a recorded 30 pip profit on .2 lots for a profit of $42 - now something is a little strange there :) Have asked them for more info on it given it should be $60 - I'd rather have the extra $18 myself thanks.

Sorry I can't be of more use, GT.
Martin

Well my problem with alpari is opening of account because they require the passport as ID.
Since we usually do not use passport for anything in US, I am not gone go thru a hustle of renewing it just to open an account.
However, British based fibogroup told me that US driver license is fine.
They will have up an running MT4 by the September 1,2005 so I can wait.
The problem is that their demo is not working yet too.
So I do not know.

Have you asked Alpari whether they can accept some other proof of identity other than passport? I'm sure they'd find an obliging way for you.

If they don't have a demo up by now, I'd be worried about a Sept 1, 2005 release date.

Martin

Have you asked Alpari whether they can accept some other proof of identity other than passport? I'm sure they'd find an obliging way for you.

If they don't have a demo up by now, I'd be worried about a Sept 1, 2005 release date.

Martin

I will go live next week with mt 4 weird anyway that brokers have different opinions on what is working or not.. If they think sommething is not working they should tell what lol :-)

Martin

>Would you accept USA driver license as ID instead of the passport.
>> Since we do not use passport as ID in the US I have no current copy and
>> would not want to renew it just to open an account with you.
>> British based FiboGroup has no problem with US driver license as ID.
>> -Stan
>>

Unfortunately, Stratton Trading can't open accounts to US and UK residents.

So not only that they do not accept other ID but they do not accept Americans period. I wonder why?

Is this a recent development?

I asked them in the past and they said they do offer accounts for Americans. However, they have never allowed British citizens b/c British law prohibits its.

Alpari, though Russian, starts live MT4 trading next Monday. http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/194.html

InterbankFX have said it's still a month or so away due to some back-end server issues (though their site suggests live mini accounts are a few weeks away but that's been there for several weeks now) and FXDD have indicated they are a few weeks behind InterbankFX's date. So, no, no-one using it live yet (that I know of).

Cheers
Martin

I am in USA and we do not normaly carry a passport here.
All these Russian groups want passport and I do not want to go thru the hassle to get one just to open FX account.

Admiral Investments & Securities is set to move all trading accounts to MT4 on August 15. So far all demo accounts had been working fine.
Also AI&S does not require passport to open an account.

Admiral Investments & Securities is set to move all trading accounts to MT4 on August 15. So far all demo accounts had been working fine.
Also AI&S does not require passport to open an account.

That want as many traders paying their nasty high spreads as they can :)
Jeez, 5 pip spreads on all majors, come on !!!
Get with the times Admiral

Martin