Hidden features - page 2

well, i dont know about the others but imho deleting a post because the 'subject is closed' ( i.e. the developers/management dont want to talk about it) is a pretty radical solution - and not one I really like.

If this was an isolated example on a subject of secondary importance I would not mind too much but this is becoming the 'norm' for any 'annoying' subject.

I dont mind people being direct, especially since english is not everybodies primary language, but censorship is not acceptable behaviour on a public forum.

If you do not like a subjest, just dont post - or say you will not post.

Maybe I will just stop contributing to this forum...and maybe i wont fund my real account i just opened...

:(

hugues

well, i dont know about the others but imho deleting a post because the 'subject is closed' ( i.e. the developers/management dont want to talk about it) is a pretty radical solution - and not one I really like.

If this was an isolated example on a subject of secondary importance I would not mind too much but this is becoming the 'norm' for any 'annoying' subject.

I dont mind people being direct, especially since english is not everybodies primary language, but censorship is not acceptable behaviour on a public forum.

If you do not like a subjest, just dont post - or say you will not post.

Maybe I will just stop contributing to this forum...and maybe i wont fund my real account i just opened...

hugues

HDB, did you read the rules?

There was written something like that: "question is closed, further discussion is useless." But people wrote to it ignoring this message. As the result - thread deleted.

yes I have read the rules.. what is the implication :
- that 'it is your right to delete posts?' - we know that... it is still censorship.
- that u will exclude me from the forum? no problem...

- other implication?

hugues

Edited by Lenar

yes I have read the rules.. what is the implication :
- that 'it is your right to delete posts?' - we know that... it is still censorship.
- that u will exclude me from the forum? no problem...

- other implication?

hugues

Edited by Lenar

Its not a censorship, thread was deleted because its break the rules. If you dont know rules was written before thread started.

And i was speaking about rules concerning to the posts about API. Nobody wants to ban you.

Since you bring up the "censorship" issue, I might as well talk about it.

It's quite obvious to everyone that when you remove the MT4 API thread, you're removing it because you don't want people to complain on your website. These people that are complaining are complaining for a reason. They want access to the API for whatever reason.

Since it's "out of sight, out of mind", new visitors won't see the multi-page "Bring back the API !" complaints.

Personally, I don't care about the "MT4 API" issue, but I would think it's only fair if you kept the complaints on the page, regardless if YOU think the issue is "closed". You ought to hear what people say outside this forum about the API-being-removed-out-of-MT4 stuff - it ain't pretty.

I really enjoy using MT4 and I hope Interbankfx opens up their MT4 server soon. The testing of my MT4 EA is close to being complete.

- Vooch

Since you bring up the "censorship" issue, I might as well talk about it.

It's quite obvious to everyone that when you remove the MT4 API thread, you're removing it because you don't want people to complain on your website. These people that are complaining are complaining for a reason. They want access to the API for whatever reason.

Since it's "out of sight, out of mind", new visitors won't see the multi-page "Bring back the API !" complaints.

Personally, I don't care about the "MT4 API" issue, but I would think it's only fair if you kept the complaints on the page, regardless if YOU think the issue is "closed". You ought to hear what people say outside this forum about the API-being-removed-out-of-MT4 stuff - it ain't pretty.

I really enjoy using MT4 and I hope Interbankfx opens up their MT4 server soon. The testing of my MT4 EA is close to being complete.

- Vooch

I repeat once again: question is closed. Discussions are useless. In other words: we will not change our position. The API-thread was closed because some one tried to continue discussion after we have said that we will not make the API. Now you doing the same, guys.

Best Regards

lol.. we really are impossible little buggers... push our head down under water and it pops out somewhere else.

Have you been to a NY Yankees game?

"Lets-Go-MetaQuotes, Lets-Go-MetaQuotes" [da-da-dada-da, da-da-dada-da]
"Bring-Back-the-API, Bring-Back-the-API" [da-da-dada-da, da-da-dada-da]

(Sorry, I'm just screwing around. Please forgive me.)

In all seriousness, conversation is over.
MQ, do what you gotta do. (but I still think it is a mistake) :)

lol.. we really are impossible little buggers... push our head down under water and it pops out somewhere else.

Hdb banned, rule number 8.