Hidden features

Hi All,

Well I found a handy feature in the backtester.
Once you've done a backtest and you're on the graph page, you can double click on a particular trade line and it will transport you over to the Result page with the particular trade highlighted.

I wonder what other hidden wonders lurk under the MT4 bonnet that no-one else knows about ?

Any other tales of mystery out there people would like to share about MT4 ?

Hi All,

Well I found a handy feature in the backtester.
Once you've done a backtest and you're on the graph page, you can double click on a particular trade line and it will transport you over to the Result page with the particular trade highlighted.

I wonder what other hidden wonders lurk under the MT4 bonnet that no-one else knows about ?

Any other tales of mystery out there people would like to share about MT4 ?

Yes Martin, there is one big wonder - integrated help (F1 button):))

Best Regards.

I looked within Help actually before posting this hence 'Hidden Features'.
I usually look in Help as well as a search of these forums and others, prior to posting anything.

I think the MT4 Help needs help :)

Martin

P.S did anyone notice the MT4 API thread disappear ? :)

> P.S did anyone notice the MT4 API thread disappear ? :)

LOL

I guess they don't want to talk about the MT 4 API since it's not available.... that's one way to silence the crowd... just remove it.

Some of my friends complain that it isn't available and they're out looking at alternative software. I don't need the API myself, but they do.

I also wish I spoke Russian as well. I had a brief look over at the MQ Russian-language forum and the difference in the replies from MQ is astounding as opposed to the terse 1-liners we seem to get here.

I bet they're talking about us! ;)

I looked within Help actually before posting this hence 'Hidden Features'.
I usually look in Help as well as a search of these forums and others, prior to posting anything.

I think the MT4 Help needs help :)

Martin

Really, Martin?:)))))

Thats from help (Autotrading - Strategy Tester section):

Optimization Graph tab

The most profitable/unprofitable passes can be easily found in the "Optimization Graph" tab. Double click on any point of the graph will automatically select the corresponding test in the "Optimization Results" tab. Using these values it is possible to start testing the Expert Advisor with the selected parameters.

Best Regards

P.S did anyone notice the MT4 API thread disappear ? :)

Thread disappeared because the question is closed - we repeated it many times.

Lenar,

Thats from help (Autotrading - Strategy Tester section):
Optimization Graph tab
The most profitable/unprofitable passes can be easily found in the "Optimization Graph" tab.

OK, you got me there. I was looking further up the page at 'Graph Tab'. You have my apologies.

I still think there are areas people don't readily use that others find invaluable

Thread disappeared because the question is closed - we repeated it many times.

And now that you deleted it, reference to the subject matter will now be asked by new people and the cycle restarts

Martin

I also wish I spoke Russian as well. I had a brief look over at the MQ Russian-language forum and the difference in the replies from MQ is astounding as opposed to the terse 1-liners we seem to get here.

Martin, thats true. But there is a reason: English - is not our native language. For us its havier to speak on it, than in Russian. But we are answering and its helping.

PS: By the way, bring my appologies for my English.

Best Regards

I still think there are areas people don't readily use that others find invaluable

You right Martin, we will work on it.

And now that you deleted it, reference to the subject matter will now be asked by new people and the cycle restarts
Martin

It will be deleted too - question is closed.

Best Regards