Backup MT5

Hi,

is there a way to backup a MT5 installation? I backuped 

- the program directory  - C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5
- the profile   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\F9B7F296D568C8B2CBEEBD05008024FA

so, after a test restore I can start MT5 well inkl. all EAs, indicators, .... - but my account is missing. MT5 creates a new demo account.
So, is there a way to backup the broker-account including the credentials also?

Best regards,
Daniel

danny70437: is there a way to backup a MT5 installation? I backuped  - the program directory  - C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5 - the profile   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\F9B7F296D568C8B2CBEEBD05008024FA. so, after a test restore I can start MT5 well inkl. all EAs, indicators, .... - but my account is missing. MT5 creates a new demo account. So, is there a way to backup the broker-account including the credentials also?

Yes and no!

If you are restoring files to the PC where nothing has changed to the hardware nor the operation system nor user account, then the accounts file will work correctly.

However, if restoring files to a PC where the operating system needed to be reinstalled, or with new hardware (for example a new replacement hard drive), then MetaTrader will consider the situation suspect and invalidate the accounts file. This is a security measure to prevent credentials from being stolen by 3rd parties.