Indicator virus

Hi mql5,

Can any sort of RAT or remote Access Trojan be inserted to any custom indicator 

Inserted into MT4? EX4 file or MQL4 SOURCE FILE... After adding a free indicator it feels like my mouse is being controlled.

Harry_: Hi mql5, Can any sort of RAT or remote Access Trojan be inserted to any custom indicator Inserted into MT4? EX4 file or MQL4 SOURCE FILE... After adding a free indicator it feels like my mouse is being controlled.

Only if it uses its own installation mechanism (a Windows EXE file for installation) or a custom DLL.

If it was a Market product, or a normal ".ex4" file (no DLL calls) or a MQL source file, then no, it cannot.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Only if it uses its own installation mechanism (a Windows EXE file for installation) or a custom DLL.

If it was a Market product, or a normal ".ex4" file (no DLL calls) or a MQL source file, then no, it cannot.

Thanks for the reply. No .exe file... EX4 file and a MQL4 SOURCE file which says it opens with metaeditor.

On the properties tab of the indicator, I didn't allow DLL imports or allow external experts imports.

When you say a custom DLL what do you mean by this?

Both these files were not from the mql5 marketplace.

Harry_ #: Thanks for the reply. No .exe file... EX4 file and a MQL4 SOURCE file which says it opens with metaeditor. On the properties tab of the indicator, I didn't allow DLL imports or allow external experts imports. When you say a custom DLL what do you mean by this? Both these files were not from the mql5 marketplace.

If it is not using DLL calls at all, then there is no virus.

If it seems that the mouse is misbehaving, then it is probably because the MQL code is very inefficient and hogging the thread causing the chart and other indicators to slow down or even freeze.

Another possibility is that it is not handling the chart events properly in the OnChartEvent() handler, causing it to misbehave or become sluggish.