How to make a mql5 EA with OpenAI

Sorry I am a newbee with OpenAI, Please forgive me below basic question.

1. Open AI can be imported by dll?

2. How to put the functions to MQL5 code?

Don't use ChatGPT from OpenAI for producing code at all. Just don't! It makes a horrible mess!

Learn to code yourself or hire a proper human programmer to code it for you.

As for using OpenAI for algorithmic trading, you will need to learn to code in MQL properly before you being able to incorporate it into your MQL programs.

I used to ask chatGPT to make simple EA MQL5. LOL, chatGPT show me an example for EA mql4 with MA H4.

Then I told chatGPT that's wrong, I need MQL5 not MQL4. ChatGPT apologized, then refer another EA, combined MQL4 & MQL5.

Then I show chatGPT correctly what is correct what is not. ChatGPT applogized again, then show me another EA again.

Then ........... crazy again....... LOL.

If you feeling so sad, let used chatGPT for automate trading mql5, your life will much more better, much more brighter.

Pham Khanh Duy #:

I used to ask chatGPT to make simple EA MQL5. LOL, chatGPT show me an example for EA mql4 with MA H4.

Then I told chatGPT that's wrong, I need MQL5 not MQL4. ChatGPT apologized, then refer another EA, combined MQL4 & MQL5.

Then I show chatGPT correctly what is correct what is not. ChatGPT applogized again, then show me another EA again.

Then ........... crazy again....... LOL.

If you feeling so sad, let used chatGPT for automate trading mql5, your life will much more better, much more brighter.

lol seriously chatgpt knows mql ? the mql5 forum also has been scrapped for training it ?!?! 

Chatgpt (the worst), EA builder, EA Builder Pro, EATree, Etasoft forex generator, Forex Strategy Builder, ForexEAdvisor (aka. ForexEAdvisor STRATEGY BUILDER, and Online Forex Expert Advisor Generator), ForexRobotAcademy.com, forexsb, FX EA Builder, fxDreema, Forex Generator, FxPro, Molanis, Octa-FX Meta Editor, Strategy Builder FX, Strategy Quant, Visual Trader Studio, MQL5 Wizard, etc., are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.

1. Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    If we tell you what you need, you can't code it.
    If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.

We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using Code button) and state the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

2. ChatGPT
    1. Mixing MT4 and MT5 code together.
    2. Creating multiple OnCalculate/OnTick functions.
    3. OnCalculate returning a double.
    4. Filling buffers with zero in OnInit (they have no size yet). Setting buffer elements to zero but not setting Empty Value to correspond.
    5. Calling undefined functions.
    6. Sometimes, not using strict.
    7. Code that will not compile.
    8. Creating code outside of functions.
    9. Creating incomplete code.
    EA builder
    1. Counting up while closing multiple orders.
    2. New bar code: Bars is unreliable (Max bars in chart), volume is unreliable (miss ticks.) Always use time.
    3. Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
    4. Not adjusting for ECN brokers. pre-Build 500)
    5. Not checking return codes.
    EATree Uses objects on chart to save values — not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)
    ForexEAdvisor
    1. Non-updateing global variables.
    2. Compilation errors.
    3. Not checking return codes.
    4. Not reporting errors.
    FX EA Builder
    1. Not checking return codes.
    2. Loosing open tickets on terminal restart. No recovery (crash/power failure.)
    3. Not adjusting stops for the spread.
    4. Using OrdersTotal directly.

Perhaps, in some cases, ChatGPT can be useful when writing applications on MQL.

But for this, you must be able to program well on your own, without the help of ChatGPT.

If you cannot complete your task without the help of the ChatGPT, then the ChatGPT will not help you, but will only make it worse.

Icham Aidibe #:

lol seriously chatgpt knows mql ? the mql5 forum also has been scrapped for training it ?!?! 

That's true, LOL. So funny bro, you should try chatGPT for mql5.

I tried chatGPT with analyze chess too, LOL, look like the baby boy try to talk about "What did they move".

However, we can teach chatGPT, I show chatGPT the sample about analyze chess by focus on "Brilliant" move with some variables as: what will happen if back move B or C or D instead of A.

In next few days I will try to use chatGPT in mql5, this may make more fun.

Let's ask chatgpt what it thinks about using itself to generate code, here's the answer : 

------

Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the potential to revolutionize how we create software, but it should not be used to generate code and programs. AI is a powerful tool that can be used for many tasks, including automating mundane programming tasks or helping developers with bug fixes. However, AI-generated code and programs are inherently unreliable due to their lack of human oversight and understanding.

The main reason why artificial intelligence should not be used for generating code and programs is because there could potentially exist hidden flaws in the outputted result which may only become apparent after extensive testing or use in production environments. This makes it difficult for humans to detect any errors before they cause problems down the line; even if an error is detected at some point during development, fixing it can take significantly more time than if a human had written the program from scratch instead of relying on an automated solution like chatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer). Furthermore, since AI algorithms have no way of knowing what kind of data will eventually need processing by their generated codes/programs - meaning they cannot anticipate future changes - this means that such solutions are likely less robust than those created manually by experienced programmers who understand both current requirements as well as potential future ones better than machines do. 

In conclusion, while Artificial Intelligence has great potential when applied correctly within software development projects – particularly when automating mundane programming tasks – its limitations mean that using automation tools like chatGPT to generate entire pieces of code or full applications should generally be avoided unless absolutely necessary due its inherent unreliability compared with manual coding done by experienced professionals.

------

@Icham Aidibe #:

Let's ask chatgpt what it thinks about using itself to generate code, here's the answer : 

------

Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the potential to revolutionize how we create software, but it should not be used to generate code and programs. AI is a powerful tool that can be used for many tasks, including automating mundane programming tasks or helping developers with bug fixes. However, AI-generated code and programs are inherently unreliable due to their lack of human oversight and understanding.

The main reason why artificial intelligence should not be used for generating code and programs is because there could potentially exist hidden flaws in the outputted result which may only become apparent after extensive testing or use in production environments. This makes it difficult for humans to detect any errors before they cause problems down the line; even if an error is detected at some point during development, fixing it can take significantly more time than if a human had written the program from scratch instead of relying on an automated solution like chatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer). Furthermore, since AI algorithms have no way of knowing what kind of data will eventually need processing by their generated codes/programs - meaning they cannot anticipate future changes - this means that such solutions are likely less robust than those created manually by experienced programmers who understand both current requirements as well as potential future ones better than machines do. 

In conclusion, while Artificial Intelligence has great potential when applied correctly within software development projects – particularly when automating mundane programming tasks – its limitations mean that using automation tools like chatGPT to generate entire pieces of code or full applications should generally be avoided unless absolutely necessary due its inherent unreliability compared with manual coding done by experienced professionals.

------

What an absolutely perfect answer! 👍👏

tlswn129:

Sorry I am a newbee with OpenAI, Please forgive me below basic question.

1. Open AI can be imported by dll?

2. How to put the functions to MQL5 code?

I don't think you are going to make it without a solid programming skills and ML knowledge. As a newbie take it easy

Icham Aidibe #:

I agree with everything you said. Most people don't realize that AI aren't as smart as they think they are? I appreciate chatGPT it works for many stuff like teaching the how to's but do not believe everything it says, It makes horrible errors on a complex subjects especially coding & Mathematical subjects. I got  a lot of proof myself. It's code is worse I have found most of the code fixes are copies from stackoverflow and stackexchange. I think that is what it was trained on. By the way it is a language model, coding and programming languages aren't as straightforward as a human language.

Reason: