user defined timeframes

Hello

Will be availbale in the next versions an user defined time frames along with these currently available?

10x

Ivo

please look at our sample period_converter. You can write non-standard timeframe historical data and open it offline

Slawa,

How does this help in displaying a 10 minute live chart with an MA ?
Are you saying it's possible to do this in code from your example ?

When I attached the script, Metatrader suddenly and continuously used 50% CPU as well.

Cheers
Martin

drop period_converter script on the 5-minutes chart, set period multiplier to 2 (5*2=10). then open offline 10-minutes chart. it will be automatically refreshed by period_converter script.
50 percent is used because full converting from begin. it is possible to change script for converting from end of previously converted file. and increase time slice for refreshing from 2 seconds to 5-10 seconds

This is a good workaround, but this functionality should definately be organic to the terminal.

I hope all these suggestions are scheduled.

Slawa / tonyc2a,

Thanks for the feedback.

Whilst the 10 minute offline chart workaround gives the candles, I definitely feel a vast majority of traders need more lower timeframes 'organic' to the package for trade determination and quick order placement. The seperate chart doesn't allow the use of the one chart

Whilst a variable timeframe would be ideal, I'd suggest this is far too much work for the current version. From what I can gather, inserting a 10 minute timeframe option (and perhaps a 3 min as quite a few other trades have asked for) shouldn't really be that big a deal.

This gives a very desirable working set of lower time multiples :- 1,3,5,10,15,30,60 etc which is essential to the performance and low-cost coding of many entry point trading systems.

Again, Slawa and Team, we all dearly appreciate your continued efforts with Metatrader and these posts should always be viewed as making a great product even greater as well as satisfying trading systems requirements in as short a time as possible.

Best Regards
Martin

No one could have said it better.
Bravo, Mr. Cooney!

This is a good workaround, but this functionality should definately be organic to the terminal.
I hope all these suggestions are scheduled.

this functionality cannot be embedded organic because we cannot and will not provide non-standard historical data. we must think not only of the client terminal but of the server as well.

Slawa,

I apologise in advance but I don't understand how differing timeframes are non-standard?
Isn't the client displaying candlesticks based on incoming tick data? Are you able to better help me understand how adding a 3 min and/or 10 min chart display option is non-standard and/or impacts the server?

Isn't the period_convertor script essentially doing the same number crunching albiet leaving the end-user without alot of functionality available in online charts ?

I don't wish to turn you guys coding lives into hell, I really don't but I'm sure you want to hear honest end-user feedback on terminal options that are crying out to be added which thus improves the attraction of your platform (which should make you more money [wink])

Again, please take this feedback as positive feedback.
Cheers
Martin