Input variables reset to default by compilation - page 2

This is currently wreaking havoc as I have 10 windows with different input parameters for the same advisor. It seems that every time i recompile, all the input variables are reset to default and I quicky have to reset them manually... not fun.

thanks,

hello hdb, how do you run many instances of MT ? on many windows accounts of single computer? on many computers?

there may be different cases. your case is rare. imho

well, try suggesting your 'feature' to eSignal, TradeMaven, TradeStation users and see how they react... rofl!

yeah. lets consider 2 cases.
1. some expert working. you need to recompile it but not change its parameters
2. some expert working. you need to recompile it and reset its parameters.
our feature let provide both cases (with workaround)
your suggestion turn off 2-nd case

Slawa, the normal way of resetting variables is to go to F7, advisor properties, and clicking on the reset button.. this puts to default conditions.
Alternatively, one can remove and put back the expert advisor.

Both these are 'normal logical' ways of doing this.

The way of preserving the parameters is currently clearly a workaround and is not a logical way of doing things.

:)

This is currently wreaking havoc as I have 10 windows with different input parameters for the same advisor. It seems that every time i recompile, all the input variables are reset to default and I quicky have to reset them manually... not fun.

thanks,

hello hdb, how do you run many instances of MT ? on many windows accounts of single computer? on many computers?

I just run one instance of MT 4 but have 10 currency pair windows open... other than 2 machines, i dont see how to run multiple instances...

Guys,

Simply copy your Metatrader 4 directory somwhere else and run the terminal.exe program and viola, another instance is running. Multiple logins are permitted. MT4 is a nice compartmentalised program which will even run from a USB thumb drive so u can cart your trading system around with you.

Martin