Signals with different code suffix

Hi, I tried to move my signal to an account that uses ".a" suffix and didn't realise the signal wouldn't work as they trade with no suffix. Is there any way around this to map the symbols appropriately? If not, is there any way I can move the subscription back to the original account without having to wait a week for it to release again?

I dont know much about signals.  But Does the subscriber choice the currency pair to apply your signal?   My broker uses the .r suffix for "Raw" currency pairs.  I am fairly sure not everyone has access to the .r suffix.

I dont have access to a .a suffix  stock or currency pair.

Hope this might help.

Chris

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal provider broker has different symbols than my broker

Sergey Golubev, 2023.02.07 11:09

It is related to the mapping:

The Provider has trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Are trades on GOLD copied to XAUUSD in that case?

• Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.
  • If no symbols remain after conducting all the checks or more than one symbol is found, it is considered that a symbol mapping attempt has failed and it is impossible to copy Provider's trades for that symbol.
  • more details: post

Sergey Golubev #:

Thanks Sergey - in the terminal there is both EURUSD and EURUSD.a - I can only trade on EURUSD.a but the signal is on EURUSD. From what I read in your reply, it should map to the .a symbol, but it isn't. 

Would you know if there is there anyway around the one week move limitation given it can't trade on the new account?

Thanks

Look for another broker.

cklord #:

Thanks Sergey - in the terminal there is both EURUSD and EURUSD.a - I can only trade on EURUSD.a but the signal is on EURUSD. From what I read in your reply, it should map to the .a symbol, but it isn't. 

Would you know if there is there anyway around the one week move limitation given it can't trade on the new account?

Thanks

So, if you have more than one symbol for EURUSD (if your broker is proposing two symbols for EURUSD) so it will not be mapped (the trades will not be copied)
    according to #13 of FAQ.
    If it is the case so you may open the other trading account with the other broker and move your signal subscription to new trading account of the other broker.
    Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - Trader Signals Service - The most frequently asked questions will be collected and processed in this topic
    Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - Trader Signals Service - The most frequently asked questions will be collected and processed in this topic
    • www.mql5.com
    The most frequently asked questions related to the signals service will be collected and processed in this topic. I do not want to broadcast it anymore. Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol