Oil & Natural gas EA - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

Then if you don't have the money for it, then it is not ASAP. For the simple fact, that having an EA does not mean it is going to be profitable in a very short term, and even if it was guaranteed to be profitable, you don't have the capital to invest. And even if you used a Prop-firm, their requirements are tough, and you would not meet those requirements with something you don't yet master.

Becoming consistently profitable at trading, even with EAs, requires many years. It's like any other profession—it takes time—a lot of time. Time is required to gain experience and with it the skill and the knowledge that it requires.

So, if you need money for life's requirements, focus on what you can already do well and from which you can directly benefit with little risk, even if it is not a lot.

I started trading at 15 years old. I've invested abnormal amounts of time studying the markets. And I can confidently say I've mastered how to decode any market. But Ive struggled to master myself and my emotions. That's why I went into computer science and learnt coding. To build a perfect emotionless version of myself that will follow the entire criteria before placing a trade... 

Initially I knew once again that I'd have to be patient, with this build. But life happens and it's easy to lose all reasoning. Raising money to invest wont be much of an issue.

I just wish I could get acquainted with people who build EAs. It will be much easier to learn MetaEditor and MQL5 that way. But here in South Africa there aren't many people who do this.

Vengeance Seeker:
Hello everyone. I am seeking assistance on an EA that I have created that only trades Oil and Natural Gas. It trades on the 15M chart and takes trades from the HOD or LOD after  SPECIFIC candlestick formations. I have coded majority of it. Its nearly done but I've got 100 errors and 1 warning. I am new to this. I'm just seeking advise and assistance if possible. I've attached the file

Open a freelance request!

Vengeance Seeker #: I started trading at 15 years old. I've invested abnormal amounts of time studying the markets. And I can confidently say I've mastered how to decode any market. But Ive struggled to master myself and my emotions. That's why I went into computer science and learnt coding. To build a perfect emotionless version of myself that will follow the entire criteria before placing a trade... Initially I knew once again that I'd have to be patient, with this build. But life happens and it's easy to lose all reasoning. Raising money to invest wont be much of an issue. I just wish I could get acquainted with people who build EAs. It will be much easier to learn MetaEditor and MQL5 that way. But here in South Africa there aren't many people who do this.

There are in fact many South African's trading with MetaTrader and programming with MQL, I've seen and interacted with several here on the site, and I have just recently completed a job for one such person. I am myself, a former resident of RSA (1975-1993) and got my engineering degree from RAU.

If you went for a Computer Science degree with the intent of using it in trading, then why did you not work on such projects while you were studying?

Anyway, those are all moot points. The fact is that if you can't hire someone and you want to do it yourself, then you will just have to give yourself the necessary time to learn.

PS! Traders and coders in general, tend to be loners by nature. We tend to work best alone.