MT4 won't open on mac

Anyone know how to fix this? Every time I try to open MT4, it quickly pops up a window, then quickly disappears and closes. I have tried restarting computer, redownloading MT4, and searching on the internet but nothing seems to work. Thanks!

I do not have Mac computer but I know the instruction about how to install (in case of MT4 for example):
https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/userguide/install_mac
Install on Mac OS - Getting Started - MetaTrader 4 Help
Install on Mac OS - Getting Started - MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
The client terminal can be installed and run on computers with Mac OS using Wine. Wine is a free software that allows users of the Unix-based...

And read summary post
At the moment, we recommend the minimum version of Wine 5.0, or better 6, and even the development branch.
The target Windows version in it must be 10, not 7.
I cannot install MT5 on my Mac
I cannot install MT5 on my Mac
  • www.mql5.com
I cannot install MT5 on my Mac...

jsinger0422: Every time I try to open MT4,

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

William Roeder #:

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

I'm sure it was a massive inconvenience for you to click on this post. Chill out brother. 

hi guys does anyone know how to get charts back as in when I pressed update I want to reverse it as its stuck on update blank screen no chart got my pairs eat symbols just charts  I need back?

OK so I am trying to download MT4 and everytime i do it automatically downloads MT5. I need 4 does anybody know how to switch it over?