Installation is failed - page 3

Let me add that you have to make sure that their technical down times are NOT between Su. 17:00 NY-Time and Fr. 17:00 NY-Time as many do because their clients are gamer with their 'high-time' over the weekend. Ask them whether they can guarantee to be up during forex times you won't get any I guess.

Carl Schreiber #:
Let me add that you have to make sure that their technical down times are NOT between Su. 17:00 NY-Time and Fr. 17:00 NY-Time as many do because their clients are gamer with their 'high-time' over the weekend. Ask them whether they can guarantee to be up during forex times you won't get any I guess.

Very good point indeed

Having the same issue with 'Installation is failed' and 403 error in log.

My VPS is TheHost. It's not subnet of Zomro's providers

taras.k #:

Having the same issue with 'Installation is failed' and 403 error in log.

My VPS is TheHost. It's not subnet of Zomro's providers

No one knows about what is subnet of zomro or not ...
You can write to the service desk of your VPS provider asking them to fix it -
on the same way as the other users did it -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Installation is failed

ceejay1962, 2023.01.26 19:57

ForexVPS support told me that they'd have to install a new windows template on my VPS - I backed up my set files and let them do it.

It is now back up and running on the same IP address/port and login. So I guess that it was (at least in my case), a problem with the VPS rather than being blocked. 

If it does not help (if your VPS provider is not helping you with this/any issue) so look at the other reasons for this error 403:

403 error

Sergey Golubev, 2021.06.29 19:00

error 403 means: no internet access.
It may be the following -

1. You did not set your Metatrader in correct way (you should fill Community tab in Metatrader with your forum login and not an email; you should have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your computer, and in case of MT5 - you should have Windows 64 bit, and more).

2. Your antivirus or firewall is blocking the access to the Market tab and to other services (switch antivirus/firewall off, and find the other antivirus which will not block your access to the Market tab internet).

3. You are using VPS which was blocked by the service (look at the post #19). Yes, some external VPS providers were blocked from the Market by MQ. You may write to the service desk, and if it is confirmed (if your VPS provider was banned from the service) so you can change VPS company provider for example.

4. Your IP was blocked; it may be fake ban because your IP became to be the same with IP of spammer; decision: switch your router with computer to be off and restart them once again - your Ip will be changed in case you are on dynamic IP.

If nothing helps so - change VPS provider.

Hi my computer crashed and I was trying to activate my trade panel on my new MT5 but I kept getting an error installation failed even though I had signed in mql5 on my PC. I then noticed that the activations I was allowed were depleting even though these were failed attempts to install the app. I lost about 3-4 activations. eventually, I restarted my MT5 and tried again the installation and I was successful. please help in recover the lost activation attempts I made.

"Installation failed" error may be because of error 403 (in Metatrader journal), and you can go to this blog post to know about this error and about what to do: Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403 and more
------------------------

If you bought EA from the Market so one activation is per hardware + software (Operation System).
It means the following: one activation is per computer.
You may have many Metatrader instances on your computer and/or any trading accounts with any broker but it is same one activation.
More information: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

But there is some situation when the Windows is updated and this one activation may be lost because of that - for example:

i lost all my paid indicator because windows 10 update

Sergey Golubev, 2020.11.21 15:37

Some Windows 10 updates (key updates) look like the completely independent Operation System (OS) to be installed on the computer (and the activation is per OS as well).
So, there is no way to keep same activation within Windows 10 in case this Windows 10 is going to make an updates which are affected on all OS for example (it is related to Microsoft; it is not related to MetaQuotes).

------------------------

Activations can not be added to the user on individual basis.

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

ceejay1962:

I got the following error message when trying to update a paid for EA on my live VPS. Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

I encountered the same problem, which was identified as a security issue. I promptly contacted the VPS support team, and they successfully resolved the issue.