Is MT4 evergreen now ?

It just downloaded an update closed itself and installed it without any prompts 

Or did i just notice it and it always has been ? 

Lorentzos Roussos:It just downloaded an update closed itself and installed it without any prompts. Or did i just notice it and it always has been ? 

No, it always prompts! What build did you have before? Was a beta build or an official build?

My MT4 broker has not pushed out yesterday's update yet, so I am still on build 1356.

It has always downloaded updates your broker pushes out, and installs them on restart.

William Roeder #: It has always downloaded updates your broker pushes out, and installs them on restart.

But it usually prompts with a pop-up dialogue box warning us of the update.

0       19:53:12.158    LiveUpdate: updater - try to close terminal
0       19:53:13.892    XM MT4 build 1353 stopped
0       19:53:18.236    XM MT4 build 1370 started (broker name)

Im running 1370 now

Fernando Carreiro #:

But it usually prompts with a pop-up dialogue box warning us of the update.

I guess this is the case for when the terminal never shuts down 

Lorentzos Roussos #: I guess this is the case for when the terminal never shuts down 
I shutdown my terminal several times a day as I do development and tests on it, and when there is an update it always prompts me first.

Fernando Carreiro #:
I shutdown my terminal several times a day as I do development and tests on it, and when there is an update it always prompts me first.

there definetely was no prompt . 

I'm sorry it must happen often and i never witness it because i'm making coffee or something , and mt4 is not so updaty lately . 

I think @William Roeder is right  

Maybe it's broker dependent or something 

Fernando Carreiro #: But it usually prompts with a pop-up dialogue box warning us of the update.

I've never seen that.

@William Roeder #: I've never seen that.
Do you perhaps have your UAC disabled or set at a very low level?

Never changed UAC. Perhaps I don't remember them. New update is coming, I'll pay attention.

Updated this morning with UAC prompt.