Hiding the Use of an EA

This might seam like a strange question but one of the prop firms out there doesn't allow the use of EA's (I know crazy), is there a way to hide that you're using an EA (not a HFT EA or arbitrage, this is a normal EA more for risk management)?

If I make the magic number 0 and add no comments. Would that work? I'm just wondering if an EA sends information we don't know about. 

Thanks. 

Conor Dailey: This might seam like a strange question but one of the prop firms out there doesn't allow the use of EA's (I know crazy), is there a way to hide that you're using an EA (not a HFT EA or arbitrage, this is a normal EA more for risk management)? If I make the magic number 0 and add no comments. Would that work? I'm just wondering if an EA sends information we don't know about. Thanks. 

No, not possible, even by setting magic number to zero. The platform is still able to distinguish EA placed trades from manual trades.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Is it possible to identify an order sent by EA or manual?

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.10.31 05:13

That is only in the case of the magic number being non-zero. Please read the original post again. The OP specifically asked in the case where a magic number of zero is used.

I stand corrected. Even when using a magic number of zero, it does identify it as being placed by an EA.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, not possible, even by setting magic number to zero. The platform is still able to distinguish EA placed trades from manual trades.

Thanks Fernando.

Conor Dailey #: Thanks Fernando.
You are welcome!