EA that calculates draw up based on comment ? - page 3

Elie G #: Thanks everyone for their interesting answers. To continue a bit on the subject , i have three solutions in mind  1. make a custom windows app who will track graphically and record the equity fluctuations and read all fields to later plot a graph.  2. wrap my head around mt5 and python and do the same in python. 3.take a screenshot of the system every second and at the end of the day have it compiled as a movie. option 3 obviously the easiest.... side question.....probably a stupid one but who knows... is it possible to run a windows command from mql5 code ? If so , i could launch a record program and stop the recording when the order is closed..... but im 99.99 percent sure it isnt possible.

Yes, you can use DLL calls to have MetaTrader interact with external applications.

However, you did not pay attention to what I wrote.

All your proposed solutions are just going to make it even more difficult for you.

They are all round-about and in the end you will just be pulling out your future grey hairs.

However, since I am not the one developing it, nor am I offering to, it is ultimately up to you to do as you see fit, even if it is convoluted.

Hey Fernando , 

I agree that your methods are all better.

Its just that everything you wrote is difficult for me to code as im a mediocre mql5 coder at best , whereas option 1 can be done in a few days. 

option 3 already coded today

its not ideal , but it works.

I will explore dll calls as its probably the best method to develop a windows app and feed it with everything mt5 does. With the scale of the system im developping , i planned to do it anyway.

Thank you again for your time and patience with me. Youve been very helpfull

Elie G #: Hey Fernando ,I agree that your methods are all better. Its just that everything you wrote is difficult for me to code as im a mediocre mql5 coder at best , whereas option 1 can be done in a few days. option 3 already coded today. its not ideal , but it works. I will explore dll calls as its probably the best method to develop a windows app and feed it with everything mt5 does. With the scale of the system im developping , i planned to do it anyway. Thank you again for your time and patience with me. Youve been very helpfull

The following question is a rhetorical one. It is not for you to answer, only to think about.

Why does everyone always complicate their trading EAs?

Everyone is always thinking up convoluted things, with DLL's and external databases and complex graphical interfaces, and so on.

None if that is going to make the EA be more profitable nor make you a better trader. In fact, it is only going to make it worse.

Trading should be kept simple and straight-forward. It should be easy to adapt to new conditions. It should have good risk assessment and money management (which is key for a consistently profitable strategy).

It does not need fancy graphics or complex databases or convolued indicators. It should be simple, efficient and display only what is truly necessary.

Keep it simple!