Validation error [Solved: ASCII Text Only] - page 4

Fernando Carreiro #:
You are going to crash their servers ... 🤣 (and be accused of a DDoS attack)!

🤣 🤣 Yeah . They probably run multiple instances so if one crashes , the VM exits and leaves a summary message to the server . 

It won't crash , it will finish all the tests . If i get a rejection but it goes through them all then it may be an infinite loop . Just the difference will be Enriques infinites on one asset , mine infinites on all assets .

(maybe the new mechanism rejects infinite loops , which will be good . I hope it rejects the version not the seller  🤣)

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 hahaha

Let's hope not!  

I have now received this message from support: 

Hello,

Probably your EA prints non ASCII symbols to the log file, which is not allowed.  Please check that and reupload a fixed version.

Best regards,

MQL5.com Support Team

Enrique Enguix #: I have now received this message from support: ... Probably your EA prints non ASCII symbols to the log file, which is not allowed.  Please check that and reupload a fixed version.

Is that the case? Does your EA print non ASCII characters?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Is that the case? Does your EA print non ASCII characters?

I can't find anything like that visually.  I'm writing a script to locate it, but I'm not 100% sure I can do it.  I will keep you updated!

I'm a little silly:

OMG how could I waste so many hours with this?

I'm sorry I wasted your time in such a ridiculous way.

sinput const string V5="···············································"; //···············································

Enrique Enguix #:I'm a little silly: OMG how could I waste so many hours with this? I'm sorry I wasted your time in such a ridiculous way. sinput const string V5="···············································" //···············································

Does it work now?

EDIT: It would have been nice if the report just stated something like ... "Error: The use of non-ASCII characters is not allowed".

Fernando Carreiro #:

Does it work now?

EDIT: It would have been nice if the report just stated something like ... "Error: The use of non-ASCII characters is not allowed".

Yes it works now. It can now be published. Actually, yes, it would have been a great help. It would never have occurred to me that this was the mistake.

Enrique Enguix #: Yes it works now. It can now be published. Actually, yes, it would have been a great help. It would never have occurred to me that this was the mistake.

It is only a mistake now! It wasn't in the past when you published the previous version.

What I don't understand is why non-ASCII is not allowed now!

Given that MetaTrader has been using UNICODE strings for such a long time and has no difficulty displaying it, why must it be crippled into only using ASCII?

Can you perhaps change your Thread/Topic title to include something about "ASCII text only"? It should help others find it if they have similar problems.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is only a mistake now! It wasn't in the past when you published the previous version.

What I don't understand is why non-ASCII is not allowed now!

Given that MetaTrader has been using UNICODE strings for such a long time and has no difficulty displaying it, why must it be crippled into only using ASCII?

Can you perhaps change your Thread/Topic title to include something about "ASCII text only"? It should help others find it if they have similar problems.

I'm checking that in the previous version this line of code was, but still hidden, with "//", and hence my confusion

I have changed the name of the thread.

Thank you very much for your enormous help

Enrique Enguix #: I'm checking that in the previous version this line of code was, but still hidden, with "//", and hence my confusion. I have changed the name of the thread. Thank you very much for your enormous help
You are welcome, but we did not really help much. In the end it was the Service Desk response that gave you the solution, not us.