What is the MT5 Mime Type for downloading

Hi, when I try to download an expert advisor for MT5 it asks to use xdg-open to download it. I'm using linux and wine and it never ends up downloading anything.

What is the mime type for these files? I may be able to set up my MT5 command using xdg-mime.

I am not using Linux but I was searching the forum and found some information:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1755

MetaQuotes, 2018.01.18 11:08

We recommend anyone who has long been using 32-bit Wine for MetaTrader 5 due to the past incompatibility with the 64-bit terminal to upgrade Wine to the latest 64-bit version and re-install MetaTrader 5 in 64 bits.

Besides, make sure to set the Wine compatibility mode to at least Windows 7 instead of the default Windows XP. No more updates for Windows XP/2003/Vista will be released.

We are also halting the development of the 32-bit versions of the MetaTrader 5 terminals. The updates for 32-bit MetaTrader 5 are to be completely stopped soon.
..and it is about how to install: MetaTrader 5 HelpGetting StartedFor Advanced UsersInstallation on Linux
(because I remember one post where admins told to re-install MT5 on Linux because they changed something for example).
Trading Platform - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Trading Platform is the trader's working tool, providing all the necessary features for a successful online trading. It includes trading...

More -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Impossible to download automatic equity manager for Mac and Linux

Sergey Golubev, 2022.06.01 10:23

MetaTrader on Linux - the article (Metatrader 5)

Installing the platform with one command

This article was completely revised about installing MetaTrader on Linux (Ubuntu and Debian). Now all we need is one command.