Multi Time Frame Indicators

Hello. I have created several multi time frame indicators for my clients so far. But almost in all cases I could not deliver them in an efficient way from processing point of view. I just want to know if other developers also have had such trouble? Is it an issue form MQL side? Is there a solution for that?

Yashar Seyyedin: Hello. I have created several multi time frame indicators for my clients so far. But almost in all cases I could not deliver them in an efficient way from processing point of view. I just want to know if other developers also have had such trouble? Is it an issue form MQL side? Is there a solution for that?

I don't see any difficulties! Can you please explain what you mean when you say it was not possible for you to "deliver in an efficient way"?

1. No idea what you mean by efficiency.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any useful information for that.

2. Have you read my post about adjusting for MTF.
              How to do your lookbacks correctly #9#14 & #19 (2016)

Yashar Seyyedin:
Hello. I have created several multi time frame indicators for my clients so far. But almost in all cases I could not deliver them in an efficient way from processing point of view. I just want to know if other developers also have had such trouble? Is it an issue form MQL side? Is there a solution for that?

If I understand correctly, you want the indicator to work faster without taking too much CPU/RAM? If that's the case then try to check your code for any unnecessary calculations. There is always something you can improve to make your code run better.

Yashar Seyyedin:

Processing as in "Speed of historical ""analysis"" "? it depends on the problem most times but personally i don't like the idea of "other-chart-data" systems in indicators , i rather them having native chart data only, otherwise you are stacking problems .Imagine all the calcs an indicator has to perform and on top of that its called from an ea. 

The counter to this is the "users" expect some solutions to be indicators.

For example a currency strength meter , you will have to make a lot of transactions with the server and meta trader's chart loading solutions and you might hit the breaks on the indicator thread (if that's what happens on mt5 too), but if you launch it as a utility "no one" will see it ,and also if its a utility you will have to compensate for the lack of exported buffers for signals.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I don't see any difficulties! Can you please explain what you mean when you say it was not possible for you to "deliver in an efficient way"?

It is difficult to say where the problem lies without actually posting the code. And I didn't expect you to read my long codes. Anyway thank you for your fast response and sry for my late response. 

William Roeder #:
  1. No idea what you mean by efficiency.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any useful information for that.

2. Have you read my post about adjusting for MTF.
              How to do your lookbacks correctly #9#14 & #19 (2016)

Thanks for your article. This was so helpful. I realized many things I did wrong before.

Amine Abed #:

If I understand correctly, you want the indicator to work faster without taking too much CPU/RAM? If that's the case then try to check your code for any unnecessary calculations. There is always something you can improve to make your code run better.

Exactly. I had problem accessing other chart data and always had to do it on every iteration from scratch and this took too much CPU.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Processing as in "Speed of historical ""analysis"" "? it depends on the problem most times but personally i don't like the idea of "other-chart-data" systems in indicators , i rather them having native chart data only, otherwise you are stacking problems .Imagine all the calcs an indicator has to perform and on top of that its called from an ea. 

The counter to this is the "users" expect some solutions to be indicators.

For example a currency strength meter , you will have to make a lot of transactions with the server and meta trader's chart loading solutions and you might hit the breaks on the indicator thread (if that's what happens on mt5 too), but if you launch it as a utility "no one" will see it ,and also if its a utility you will have to compensate for the lack of exported buffers for signals.

Complicated. I have to get back to you later. Thanks.