[MARKET] Rankings, ratings and reviews.

Hello everyone!

I noticed the MQL5 market always has a bit of delay / weird issues concerning reviews and ratings. 
For instance, I recently got a  review on one of my EAs, yet the EA itself is still marked as if no one rated it.

If my memory’s good, MetaQuotes does not communicate on how the ratings are computed, but maybe some of you guys have any information / tips and tricks to get it updated?

Zaky Hamdoun: Hello everyone! I noticed the MQL5 market always has a bit of delay / weird issues concerning reviews and ratings. For instance, I recently got a  review on one of my EAs, yet the EA itself is still marked as if no one rated it. If my memory’s good, MetaQuotes does not communicate on how the ratings are computed, but maybe some of you guys have any information / tips and tricks to get it updated?
As far as I am aware, the reviews and their ratings are purposely delayed to reduce the possibility of abuse by false or bought reviews and ratings.

Fernando Carreiro #:
As far as I am aware, the reviews and their ratings are purposely delayed to reduce the possibility of abuse by false or bought reviews and ratings.
That is interesting!

Do you, by any chance, know how the average rating of an EA is calculated?

For instance, let’s say a customer has added a 5 stars review, will the EA directly be considered as 5 stars, or is there a kind of « required minimum amount of reviews » before the average calculation?

Zaky Hamdoun #That is interesting! Do you, by any chance, know how the average rating of an EA is calculated? For instance, let’s say a customer has added a 5 stars review, will the EA directly be considered as 5 stars, or is there a kind of « required minimum amount of reviews » before the average calculation?

No, I don't know. I do sell a few products but I did it mostly for the experiment to see how it works. I'm not really worried about sales or visibility, so I don't realty pay much attention to that stuff.

There is probably a minimum number of reviews required. For example, one of my products has a single 9 month old review with a star rating but the product itself still does not have a star rating. So there must be a minimum number, but don't know what it is.

There is no minimun required .

Just don't try to "game" it .

The most weighted feature of a product is the price -this is an assumption from observation as they keep ,as should they , their formula secret.

There is also some sort of rotation to try and give a chance to new products and new vendors from what i understand .

They also rank freebies in the most popular section but with a lesser score so if you offer something for free you might get "eyes" to your shop. 

They seem to have an aversion toward social media so that weight falls entirely on the vendor . (in my opinion this is a massive mistake that they could reverse , expecially now that Tr.V is a cluttered mess)

They do have a twitter account to which the new products are announced though .

Lorentzos Roussos #:

expecially now that Tr.V is a cluttered mess)

What is TR.v?

Keith Watford #:

What is TR.v?

Think of a cluttered website with a lot of ads , with charts , thats it . xD