How to modify EA's code so that it can backtest & autotrade on custom symbol charts?

Hi! I thought I found an article on this (actually thought it was on this site), but I can't seem to find it in Google anymore.

Would greatly appreciate a reference and/or an actual explainer here.

Thanks so much!

ddchbm: Hi! I thought I found an article on this (actually thought it was on this site), but I can't seem to find it in Google anymore. Would greatly appreciate a reference and/or an actual explainer here. Thanks so much!

There is nothing special to do. If your EA is properly coded to automatically adjust to different contract specifications, then all you have to do is select the Custom Symbol in the Strategy Tester and test it normally.

EDIT: By "automatically adjust to different contract specifications", I mean the same things that would be expected for an EA the pass the Market verification process.

Articles

The checks a trading robot must pass before publication in the Market

MetaQuotes, 2016.08.01 09:30

Before any product is published in the Market, it must undergo compulsory preliminary checks in order to ensure a uniform quality standard. This article considers the most frequent errors made by developers in their technical indicators and trading robots. An also shows how to self-test a product before sending it to the Market.