is ok to conclude that some functions are duplicates of each other?

i'm going through the help doc and am noticing some functions have a similar counterpart with little to no additional parameters to them.

for example Bars vs iBars, the former has just an extra start stop time.

If I don't need to use the start/stop time, will both functions always give the same result in every circumstance? (I did try printing some of them like _Symbol / Symbol(), and looks like it, but just wanna make sure as to why there's 2 of them, especially since some of them disappeared from MQL4, like Time[], High[], yes I know there's iTime / iHigh etc)

zelda_lee: i'm going through the help doc and am noticing some functions have a similar counterpart with little to no additional parameters to them. for example Bars vs iBars, the former has just an extra start stop time.

If I don't need to use the start/stop time, will both functions always give the same result in every circumstance? (I did try printing some of them like _Symbol / Symbol(), and looks like it, but just wanna make sure as to why there's 2 of them, especially since some of them disappeared from MQL4, like Time[], High[], yes I know there's iTime / iHigh etc)

Some of the functions, like iBars, iTime, iClose were introduced at a later date for backward compatibility with MQL4 functions, which were originally not part of MQL5.

New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 1860: MQL5 functions for operations with bars and Strategy Tester improvements
New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 1860: MQL5 functions for operations with bars and Strategy Tester improvements
  • www.mql5.com
New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 1860: MQL5 functions for operations with bars and Strategy Tester improvementsThe MetaTrader 5 platform update will...

Fernando Carreiro #:

Some of the functions, like iBars, iTime, iClose were introduced at a later date for backward compatibility with MQL4 functions, which were originally not part of MQL5.

awesome! will give that a read

and thanks for your quick help