Get Trendline price with calculation - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

Then please explain your question in more detail, because your point did not come across. What exactly are you asking then?

A price can oscillate above and below SR many times before trending away.  After the price first penetrates a level, I want to assign that value (time or bar) into a variable; that value wouldn't change until the price first touches a different level.  I will then anchor the trendlines starting position to it. 

I do not want a code example; I'd like to be pointed in the right direction so I can cut-out a little trial and error.  I am not using objects. 

Max Brown #: A price can oscillate above and below SR many times before trending away.  After the price first penetrates a level, I want to assign that value (time or bar) into a variable; that value wouldn't change until the price first touches a different level.  I will then anchor the trendlines starting position to it. I do not want a code example; I'd like to be pointed in the right direction so I can cut-out a little trial and error.  I am not using objects. 

My sincere apologies, but I am having trouble understanding your query. And since you deleted your other post it makes it even more difficult.

Can you perhaps explain things from the beginning with some screenshots or graphics and more detail please?

Fernando Carreiro #:

My sincere apologies, but I am having trouble understanding your query. And since you deleted your other post it makes it even more difficult.

Can you perhaps explain things from the beginning with some screenshots or graphics and more detail please?

Thank you. I will clearly write the trading system rules then start a new thread in trading systems.  I'll send you an invite.