Question about providing EA

Hello fellow traders. 

I have a question that I couldn't find the answer in the Rules of Using the Market Service, or at least I don't understand since it was written in law terms. 

Here is my question:

Suppose I had an EA that I sell in the Market and somebody bought the EA. It turns out that my EA is profitable, so that person decides to "re-package" the trades performed by my EA and he sells it as his own trading signal. 

Is it violating any rules of the Market? 

If it is, can I sue him or something?

Thanks in advance. 

Forex Market – App Store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots, Expert Advisors and technical indicators
Forex Market – App Store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots, Expert Advisors and technical indicators
  • www.mql5.com
An official showcase of applications for trading from the terminal

Abimanyu Arkananta:

that person decides to "re-package" the trades performed by my EA and he sells it as his own trading signal. 

Is it violating any rules of the Market? 

If it is, can I sue him or something?

Thanks in advance. 

I assume by "repackaging" you mean reverse engineer the EA based on its trading behaviour, and then provide a signal of it? In that case, yes, they can absolutely do this just like with any other software. If however they use your EA with its intellectual property in your hand, and provide a signal for it in the market to make others circumvent paying the full price to get the benefit of your product, then they are infringing the copyright and you can take legal action against them if need be.

If e.g. someone has bought your EA via the MQ market this product will not run on a different computer than the one it was purchased, see: §IV.14:

14. For each Buyer, a secure version of the Product is automatically created, which allows using it only on the equipment (computer hardware and operating system), from which a purchase request was sent.
Purchased Product is bound to specific devices and specific copy of an operating system. Thus, the protection does not allow to launch a Product, even if a hardware was substituted to the exactly the same one or if an operating system of the same type was reinstalled.

And in contrary to early(!) versions of MQL4 the versions of MQL4 and MQL5 cannot be decompiled any more.

If a signal is illegally copied and resold MQ is able to recognizes this as from both sources the same trades are passing MQ's signal service.

Imho the service of the market and the signals is quite save and easy to use for us. Just imagine how much administration one would have to perform otherwise.

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market