Is mousewheel zoom supported yet?

I am considering switching to MT4, ONLY if the much needed option of using the delicate mousewheel to finely adjust chart zoom instead of the clunky keyboard buttons which is a bad design choice.

William Roeder please do not respond with your fanboy nonsense.

Yes sine ever

XM010-3841: I am considering switching to MT4, ONLY if the much needed option of using the delicate mousewheel to finely adjust chart zoom instead of the clunky keyboard buttons which is a bad design choice.William Roeder please do not respond with your fanboy nonsense.

No, it does not do zoom on charts, only scroll. It only does zoom in the editor.

But you have known about the mouse wheel functionality since at least a year. Have you perhaps forgotten already?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to rebind mousewheel so that it ZOOMS in/out instead of SCROLLS left/right?

XM010-3841, 2020.10.12 03:26

I am used to Tradingview where dragging the mouse moves the chart horizontally, and the mouse wheel scrolls in/out.  I am considering using MT4 for strategy automation but I can't get over this little hiccup.   To make matters worse, the mousewheel is even inverted.  Why is there no option in the settings to change this?  This is pretty much common sense.  Its like designing a first person shooter game with non rebindable controls, that use arrow keys.  What a great way to piss off half the users coming from other platforms.  Anyways is there a script I can buy to fix this laziness or should I just go back to Tradingview where the controls make much more sense?

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, it does not do zoom on charts, only scroll. It only does zoom in the editor.

But you have know about the mouse wheel functionality since at least a year. Have you perhaps forgotten already?

I am re-asking because its been over 2 years since the last time I brought it up and was wondering if anything changed.  This is so redicilous that I have to use keyboard shortcuts to change chart scale/zoom, its not natural or ergonomic. That is an autistic design choice to say the least.

XM010-3841 #: I am re-asking because its been over 2 years since the last time I brought it up and was wondering if anything changed.  This is so redicilous that I have to use keyboard shortcuts to change chart scale/zoom, its not natural or ergonomic. That is an autistic design choice to say the least.
Well, if that is the case for your point of view, then stick to TradingView. If you are happy with it, why change?

Fernando Carreiro #:
Well, if that is the case for your point of view, then stick to TradingView. If you are happy with it, why change?
Tradingview is always changing for the worse.  I also have no use for a social media / trading platform since you are supposed to trade based on your own ideas, and not follow the masses.  Sadly it looks like I will have to create an auto hotkey script until something better comes out.

Ctrl and mouse wheel zooms

amando #:

Only in MT5, it doesn't in MT4.

amando #:
Really?  They went all this far just to end up short by turning zoom into a combination?  If you ask me, control + zoom should pan the chart, since dragging the chart does the same thing as the existing mousewheel pan.  Whats the need to have two mouse inputs that do the exact same thing?  What a waste of the mousewheel.

XM010-3841 #: Really?  They went all this far just to end up short by turning zoom into a combination?  If you ask me, control + zoom should pan the chart, since dragging the chart does the same thing as the existing mousewheel pan.  Whats the need to have two mouse inputs that do the exact same thing?  What a waste of the mousewheel.
Ctrl+Mouse Wheel for Zoom is a standard on Windows as used on Micorosft Office and many other Windows applications.