Signal platform is doing very strange thing.

I am subscribing a signal.  The balance ratio was 460%

When the signal opened an order, signal platform opened two orders in my account. One is 0.46 lots and another is 0.33 lots. After a while, 0.46 lots order was closed and the 0.33 lots order remained.

However, the log file has no clue for the opening and closing of positions.

My questions are

why signal platform opened two orders?

why singal platform closed the big order?

I attached the log file and images of signal account's open position and my account open positions for your review.

Files:

Make sure you've done everything as described here: 

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422  (MT5)

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Make sure you've done everything as described here: 

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422  (MT5)

Yes. I had many subscriptions for more than a year. I never met this kind of thing.

Files:

I found the cause. Please do not answer this question

Longsen Chen #: I found the cause. Please do not answer this question
You should explain the cause, so the other future readers with a similar problem may find a solution too by reading this thread.

Fernando Carreiro #:
You should explain the cause, so the other future readers with a similar problem may find a solution too by reading this thread.

The cause is as below.

I use one terminal (MT4) at home computer to subscirbe the signal. After successful operation I started the regualar copying operation on another terminal in VPS. I should close the home terminal. But I forget to do that.

The result is that two terminals are working at the same time, on the same account. The home computer uses 70% of funds, while the VPS computer uses 95% of funds.

When the signal opened an order. Both terminals copied. They opened two orders, one has 0.46 lots, the other has 0.33 lots. During the re-synchronization the home computer closed 0.46 lots order.

Be careful, just let one terminal works.

Longsen Chen #:

The cause is as below.

I use one terminal (MT4) at home computer to subscirbe the signal. After successful operation I started the regualar copying operation on another terminal in VPS. I should close the home terminal. But I forget to do that.

The result is that two terminals are working at the same time, on the same account. The home computer uses 70% of funds, while the VPS computer uses 95% of funds.

When the signal opened an order. Both terminals copied. They opened two orders, one has 0.46 lots, the other has 0.33 lots. During the re-synchronization the home computer closed 0.46 lots order.

Thank you for your explanation! That will certainly help others reading this thread.

Longsen Chen #:

The cause is as below.

1. In order that this does not happen the local mt5 stops to copy the signal - it should be mentioned in the journal.
  2. After the migration login with your local terminal with the Investor Password. This will disable any trading but you can watch what is happening on your account in time.

Carl Schreiber #:
  1. In order that this does not happen the local mt5 stops to copy the signal - it should be mentioned in the journal.
  2. After the migration login with your local terminal with the Investor Password. This will disable any trading but you can watch what is happening on your account in time.

1. I was using MT4, the journal did not give me the conflict infomration.

2. Yes I should use invester password. Or disable the subscription in local terminal. Many ways to avoid the conflict.

Thank you for the advice.