MODE_LOTSTEP versus SYMBOL_VOLUME_STEP

Hello,

I've bumped into some snippets here and there for normalizing the lot size, and I've seen two different versions. I've searched the documentation, and it seems both are active, not obsolete, so I'm not sure if there's some sort of nuance in using one way or another. Can anyone clarify that for me, please? Thanks in advance.

Option 1

double lotStep = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSTEP);

Option 2

double lotStep = SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(), SYMBOL_VOLUME_STEP);

Carlos Moreno Gonzalez: I've bumped into some snippets here and there for normalizing the lot size, and I've seen two different versions. I've searched the documentation, and it seems both are active, not obsolete, so I'm not sure if there's some sort of nuance in using one way or another. Can anyone clarify that for me, please?

"MarketInfo" is the old MQL4 functionality, which I personally consider almost obsolete (only available on MQL4).

"SymbolInfoDouble" is the modern MQL4+/MQL5 functionality (available on both MQL4 and MQL5).

Fernando Carreiro #:

"MarketInfo" is the old MQL4 functionality, which I personally consider almost obsolete (only available on MQL4).

"SymbolInfoDouble" is the modern MQL4+/MQL5 functionality (available on both MQL4 and MQL5).

Crystal-clear. I'll use the modern one. Thanks!

Carlos Moreno Gonzalez #: Crystal-clear. I'll use the modern one. Thanks!
You are welcome!