Metatrader VPS with MT4

Trying to rent Metatrader VPS. The EA I use only works on MT4.  I enter broker's server - button says launch MT5 and rent VPS from the platform. I'm not using MT5. I get an error "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."
The MT4 I have from my broker does not have any drop down to purchase a VPN. I figured when it had me enter the server there would be some way to install whatever I would need to purchase the VPS.
Has anyone had success with this process? If so, how did you do it?

Follow the last steps, from step 16 onwards in this guide:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/366152

How to buy, install, test and use a MT4 Expert Advisor
How to buy, install, test and use a MT4 Expert Advisor
  • www.mql5.com
Here is a step by step guide for buying, installing, testing and using a Metatrader 4 Expert Advisor (Robot, Bot are whatever): 1...

I have not traded using a VPS and my broker FP Markets is offering a free VPS. Should I go for that or should I trade using another VPS for faster execution speed?

Martial-Mason #:
I have not traded using a VPS and my broker FP Markets is offering a free VPS. Should I go for that or should I trade using another VPS for faster execution speed?

You won't know unless you try.

Recommendations about non MQL5.com solutions are not allowed in the forum.