is this Spread addition/Substraction from the actual desired entry reasoning is doable in metaTrader 5 ? - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you already have a code developer working for you, then it is best that you discuss your requirements with them.

My developer is new to this , so im trying to help him give him some idea , what kind of orders he might use ? you are sending me to learn instead of giving me the answer of all my direct questions , im a game developer im quite very good in coding , but never coded for Mt5  or anything related to trading , i just want to get the idea on How is the best way to open orders at a desired price on very low time frame same for SL and TP ,  other than Limit orders and market orders what can i do ? maybe  a pending line that a market order exectute at ? thats what i want to understand 

Establish a trading system of your own that can be profitable for a long time, and it is robust enough that there will be no big difference in test results due to different order types. That's the hard part, and that's what countless people on this forum have been chasing.

Using different order types for specific financial market products can sometimes give you a price advantage if you can find a sufficiently honest and reliable low-cost broker. But again, this is not the main determinant of your trading system.

Since you are a programmer, you should try to develop your own programs. In order to build a mature automated trading system, most of your time and energy will be spent in the code implementation of new ideas and endless testing. This is not a one-size-fits-all process and is not suitable for outsourcing.

Experience with trading programs requires you to read the mql documentation and use your own code to implement and validate new ideas.

There are no shortcuts.

Mill Pill #: My developer is new to this , so im trying to help him give him some idea , what kind of orders he might use ? you are sending me to learn instead of giving me the answer of all my direct questions , im a game developer im quite very good in coding , but never coded for Mt5  or anything related to trading , i just want to get the idea on How is the best way to open orders at a desired price on very low time frame same for SL and TP ,  other than Limit orders and market orders what can i do ? maybe  a pending line that a market order exectute at ? thats what i want to understand 

It's obvious that I can't give you an exact answer because I don't know the exact details of your strategy. All I can do is offer some guidance and direct you to the necessary research.

If neither you nor your programmer have the necessary knowledge or understanding of the problem and how to resolve it, then you can only resolve the issue in one of the following ways ...

• Invest in your own research into the subject, or ...
  • Invest in your programmer's research into the subject, or ...
  • Hire someone with the necessary knowledge and skill to ...
    • ... to teach one or both of you, or ...
    • ... to code it for you.