Where do I save my EA Set (Preset) files in MT5

I have just started to try MT5 with a view to using the MQL5 VPS which only seems to offer Metatrader 5 platform.

I am intending to use an Epert Advisor andf need to create set files for each of the markets I intend to trade. I have just created the first set file and tried to save it. but MT5 only suggests the folder "This PC Documents"

In MT4 there was a specific "Presets Folder". I can't find any equivalent in MT5

Can anyone help, please?

Gordon Milton:

I have just started to try MT5 with a view to using the MQL5 VPS which only seems to offer Metatrader 5 platform.

I am intending to use an Epert Advisor andf need to create set files for each of the markets I intend to trade. I have just created the first set file and tried to save it. but MT5 only suggests the folder "This PC Documents"

In MT4 there was a specific "Presets Folder". I can't find any equivalent in MT5

Can anyone help, please?

The Presets folder seems to disappear on rare occasions for some reason.

Open the MQL5 folder and add a new folder and name it Presets.(If it is not already there)

Keith Watford #:

The Presets folder seems to disappear on rare occasions for some reason.

Open the MQL5 folder and add a new folder and name it Presets.(If it is not already there)

i have this problem too. i had to create one. crazy, and they wonder why the uptake of mt5 is slow!