How does MQL5 prevent pirating and security?

" Embedding any limitations by time, account type or number, financial instrument, etc. into your Program is prohibited. All such actions will be considered as unfriendly to the Buyer and are prohibited."

So how does MQL5 change the code within the .ex5 file to prevent copying between computers, sharing online, preventing usage beyond the subscription, etc? I thought you couldn't edit an .ex5 file. Once you download an EA, you can copy it and send it to a million people. If you can't embed a license, how does MQL5 protect a seller?

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Account Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Nicholas C Weber: So how does MQL5 change the code within the .ex5 file to prevent copying between computers,

There has been zero proof that any ex4/5 can be decompiled since Build 600+ (2014)
          Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway (MetaQuotes Software Corp.) - MQL4 programming forum (2013)
          Code Protection: New MQL4 language(Build 600+) decompilation protection and other crack techniques. (Macos Silva) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2 (2014)

William Roeder #:

There has been zero proof that any ex4/5 can be decompiled since Build 600+ (2014)
          Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway (MetaQuotes Software Corp.) - MQL4 programming forum (2013)
          Code Protection: New MQL4 language(Build 600+) decompilation protection and other crack techniques. (Macos Silva) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2 (2014)

Oh, I see, so what's to stop someone from taking an ex5 file out of their data folders that has no expiration date and sharing it online?

I guess MT5 each account tracks the timelimit if you click the "rent for 3 months" button, right? But what if they create a copy of the ex5 file and change it's name and move it to a different folder from market to advisors? Would MT5 be smart enough to catch it and prevent that?

As you can see, I'm still learning..

Nicholas C Weber #: Oh, I see, so what's to stop someone from taking an ex5 file out of their data folders that has no expiration date and sharing it online?

Nothing unless you renting it from the Market.

هI rented a robot and it did not work. The programmer tells me that he does not work every day, his rent is two hundred dollars and the price is eight hundred, but he also tells me that he only enters four deals and each deal is one dollar, does this make sense? I feel like he is a scammer and makes people laugh how can I get my money back

Diaa Zablah #:
هI rented a robot and it did not work. The programmer tells me that he does not work every day, his rent is two hundred dollars and the price is eight hundred, but he also tells me that he only enters four deals and each deal is one dollar, does this make sense? I feel like he is a scammer and makes people laugh how can I get my money back

This sounds like a comment that should go directly to the mods/admins/whoever is in charge of the marketplace. Hopefully they can check it out and verify the issue and get your refund back? Also did you check that the settings are correct? Maybe it has something to do with the settings.  Most EAs require some indicator/trading knowledge and input from the user. Good luck