python mt5.initialize() -> error -10005 'IPC timeout'. What does this mean? How to resolve?

Hi all.

Trying to do mt5.initialize() (in python).  Works about half the time.  The other half of the time it times out, and then continues doing so on subsequent tries, for extended periods (sometimes hours) before it works again.

When it times out, then I check why with mt5.lasterror(), and the response this case is always the error: -10005 'IPC timeout'.

The error codes documentation only describes this as "internal error" and nothing more (that I can find).

(As best I can find, IPC stands "inter-process communication", but knowing that doesn't really help).

When it works again I can't seem to see any pattern to what causes that, nor any pattern to what causes the error in the first place.

Anyone here know where anything more about this is documented... and/or have any idea what this error actually means (in this context specifically)/what's causing it, or even better, how to fix it?

Thanks!

Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / initialize
Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / initialize
  • www.mql5.com
initialize - MetaTrader for Python - Integration - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Same issue here... Any solution?