Possible MT5 Breach or Account Hack

Hi Guys.

Something weird has been happening the last 3 times there was  a power / electricity outage, and I restarted MT5 once my computer was up-and-running again after the power / electricity came back on. Last night the power went out again, and this morning the same weird occurrence when opening MT5.

This is what happens:

When I open MT5, it does not open up with my accounts listed in the "Navigator" panel as usual. All my accounts are gone and MT5 opens up with a login box showing some dodge login details - Attached Login Pic.PNG.  Then, even when I click "Cancel", the account still gets created in the "Navigator" panel as shown in the attachment Logged in Pic.PNG.

Also, the account does not want to delete. Only once I have closed MT5 and opened it again, I'm able to delete the dodge account and log into my own accounts again.

I have spoken to both of the brokers which I'm registered with and both advised that I should uninstall and re-install  MT5 (which I did) and one said that I should contact MT5-support if re-installation does not eliminate the occurrence. I cannot find "MT-support", hence I'm posting here.

So, the question basically comes down to whether anyone else have experienced this as well?

Is it a MT5 breach? Is it an account hack? Why does this still happen after re-installation and is there is a way to fix this? And if so, please be so kind to share the solution.

Thank you in advance.

Leona

Files:

It may be something with your computer ... Windows 10 with 64-bit? Because MT5 does not work for 32-bit Windows and for old Windows versions.
I can re-install MT5 (in case you remember your login and your password of your trading acount):
de-install MT5 from computer and install it once again using this link Download MetaTrader 5

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Suspicious account

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.06.12 13:44

You seem to have corrupted file data. Do you not keep regular backups which you can restore?

If not, you may need to delete the relevant file "<data folder>\Config\accounts.dat" and recreate it, or maybe even do a new clean install.

lmclark: Something weird has been happening the last 3 times there was  a power / electricity outage, and I restarted MT5 once my computer was up-and-running again after the power / electricity came back on. Last night the power went out again, and this morning the same weird occurrence when opening MT5. This is what happens: When I open MT5, it does not open up with my accounts listed in the "Navigator" panel as usual. All my accounts are gone and MT5 opens up with a login box showing some dodge login details - Attached Login Pic.PNG.  Then, even when I click "Cancel", the account still gets created in the "Navigator" panel as shown in the attachment Logged in Pic.PNG. Also, the account does not want to delete. Only once I have closed MT5 and opened it again, I'm able to delete the dodge account and log into my own accounts again.

I have spoken to both of the brokers which I'm registered with and both advised that I should uninstall and re-install  MT5 (which I did) and one said that I should contact MT5-support if re-installation does not eliminate the occurrence. I cannot find "MT-support", hence I'm posting here. So, the question basically comes down to whether anyone else have experienced this as well? Is it a MT5 breach? Is it an account hack? Why does this still happen after re-installation and is there is a way to fix this? And if so, please be so kind to share the solution.

Obviously due to the power outages you have corrupted file data. Get yourself a uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to protect your computer. They are not that expensive.

Power outages can cause data corruption on your disk and can also damage the hardware too, so protect your data and your PC hardware with a UPS.

Thank you for the feedback guys. It is much appreciated.

I think with the power outages persisting, saving up for a UPS will be the route to go.

Thanks again for your time and advise.

Leona