MT4 config/accounts file - copy to another computer

Hi guys,

I am using several accounts at different brokers and I run them all off one terminal. I simply pick the broker/account I wish to log into from the navigation menu of the left.

MT4 stores all the accounts in an account file in the config folder. I am able to simply copy this file to another instance of MT4 on the same computer with no problem. However, when I try and copy the accounts file to a different computer/VPS, the MT4 terminal refuses to use it.

Can anyone explain if there is a work around for this - I can only assume it is for security reasons that this happens.

Many thanks

kenny

Kenneth Hubbard: I am using several accounts at different brokers and I run them all off one terminal. I simply pick the broker/account I wish to log into from the navigation menu of the left. MT4 stores all the accounts in an account file in the config folder. I am able to simply copy this file to another instance of MT4 on the same computer with no problem. However, when I try and copy the accounts file to a different computer/VPS, the MT4 terminal refuses to use it. Can anyone explain if there is a work around for this - I can only assume it is for security reasons that this happens.

There is no workaround. It is a security issue.

Create the login information again. You should have saved the credentials somewhere safe, right?

If not, check your emails of when you received those credentials from your broker or check their website which usually also lists that information under your user account.

I save all my account credentials in a spreadsheet which I backup regularly.

Ok, thanks. I do have all the login details but I was just hoping to simplify the process of setting up a new VPS.