Opitmize parameters on MT4 or MT5?

Hello everyone, 

I'm actually testing my EA with a period of 4 years and it took me so much time to run it... 

I'm actually on MT4. If i move to MT5, optimisation is faster ?

Thank you ! 

Hugo webflow: Hello everyone, I'm actually testing my EA with a period of 4 years and it took me so much time to run it... I'm actually on MT4. If i move to MT5, optimisation is faster ? Thank you ! 

If it is taking that long, then it is your EA code that needs revision and not a platform factor.

Yes, MT5 will be faster, but if you really want it to be super quick, then you need to revise your code and make it more efficient.

Hugo webflow: I'm actually testing my EA with a period of 4 years and it took me so much time to run it...
  1. Did you enlarge the tester window and increase the slider?
              strategy tester speed - MQL4 programming forum #7 (2022)

2. Did you optimize your code?

1. EAs : Don't do per tick what you can do per bar, or on open.
      If you are waiting for a level, don't reevaluate, wait until price reaches it (or a new bar starts, and you recalculate.)
      If you are waiting for an order to close, only look when OrdersTotal (or MT5 equivalent) has changed.
                How to get backtesting faster ? - MT4 - MQL4 programming forum (2017)

2. Indicators: Code it properly so it only recomputes bar zero (after the initial run.)
                How to do your lookbacks correctly. (2016)
                3 Methods of Indicators Acceleration by the Example of the Linear Regression - MQL5 Articles. (2011)
      Or, reduce Tools → Options (control+O) → Charts → Max bars in chart to something reasonable (like 1K.)

@Hugo webflow could you share some metrics? Like time frame, amount of indicators, indicators used (at least conceptually its complexity). thanks.