resources backtesting MT4

Hello everyone 
I have a PC with very good resources, multi-core processor, but when I do a backtest, the time is usually the same as a test with a few cores.

I have read that for backtesting, MT4 uses only one core.

Is there a way to make MT4 use more than one core, and thus take advantage of computing resources?

This is solved in MT5, and with MT5 if I take advantage of the resources?

Thanks for you help

The answer is obvious: get rid of the old terminal and work in MetaTrader 5!

Vladimir Karputov #:
The answer is obvious: get rid of the old terminal and work in MetaTrader 5!
thanks for replying friend

but doing a test on MT5, it only uses one core, right?

It only makes sense and only takes advantage of the benefit of multiple cores by doing Optimizations, right?

Thanks!!!

Miguel Antonio Rojas Martinez #: but doing a test on MT5, it only uses one core, right?  It only makes sense and only takes advantage of the benefit of multiple cores by doing Optimizations, right?

MT5 single back-tests also just use one thread of a core, but allocates other threads for supporting that back-test, like the indicators called and the data being read.

MT5 optimisations however are fully multi-threaded and can also use local farm or remote cloud computing.

Fernando Carreiro #:

MT5 single back-tests also just use one thread of a core, but allocates other threads for supporting that back-test, like the indicators called and the data being read.

MT5 optimisations however are fully multi-threaded and can also use local farm or remote cloud computing.

Perfect, thank you for you answer, 

but then, is there any solution (even if it is experimental) to take advantage of Multi core in MT4? or definitely is a "NOT"?

thanks!!

Miguel Antonio Rojas Martinez #: but then, is there any solution (even if it is experimental) to take advantage of Multi core in MT4? or definitely is a "NOT"?
MT4 has stopped being developed many years back (I believe it was 8 years ago).

Thank you very much!!!