MQL5 VPS problem - page 2

Tinquous0231 #:
If you want to gain access to your MT4 again, a workaround is to delete the profiles folder in your local data. But note it will delete ur personal settings like indicators and symbols etc. You can just make a copy of this folder then delete it, it will allow you 1 time access
do you mean the profiles in the root folder? I tried to delete it but it still the same.

ALC #:
do you mean the profiles in the root folder? I tried to delete it but it still the same.
That's odd, for me I just delete contents of profiles in root folder. Is it definately the correct root folder? (not another MT4 client)

Thank you. I deleted the lastprofile.dat and virtualhost.dat in the profile folder and I could start MT4 now. Hopefully I don't need to sync my VPS before MQL5 fixes the problem.

ALC #:

It is the MQL5 VPS's server name, and when I first started up the MT4 which I used to sync everything to the VPS, it pop up "Unexpected error", after that the small VPS icon which below my account number in the "Navigator" is missing.

After that I closed the MT4, then it cannot be start up again. Both different brokers of MT4, both having same situation.

In the subscription page, same as I attached the photo, the Server name actually is something like London-LD4 (this is the MQL5 server name not broker), now became like korea word.

The VPS from the subscription page is still running, but I can't confirm is it running correctly. and also I can't sync the account, experts everything because the MT4 can't start up, and it disappear from the "Navigator".

Also, if you try to "rent a VPS" now, you can see the pricing is become wrong, so I can sure is the issue from MQL5..but I have no way to contact support.

I have the same error at all. I let my friend to download a totally new MT4 and registered a demo account, try to figure out the error itself, however it was the same situation he met. It's so annoyed.

Shuhua Shen #:
I have same vps issue with you, so wait on Monday, let's see...

and it's my first time to have this issue...
Have you fixed this problem? 你修复这个问题了吗?

leon921011 #:
Have you fixed this problem? 你修复这个问题了吗?

No, the issue still there, it's mql5 vps issue.

ALC #:

It is the MQL5 VPS's server name, and when I first started up the MT4 which I used to sync everything to the VPS, it pop up "Unexpected error", after that the small VPS icon which below my account number in the "Navigator" is missing.

After that I closed the MT4, then it cannot be start up again. Both different brokers of MT4, both having same situation.

In the subscription page, same as I attached the photo, the Server name actually is something like London-LD4 (this is the MQL5 server name not broker), now became like korea word.

The VPS from the subscription page is still running, but I can't confirm is it running correctly. and also I can't sync the account, experts everything because the MT4 can't start up, and it disappear from the "Navigator".

Also, if you try to "rent a VPS" now, you can see the pricing is become wrong, so I can sure is the issue from MQL5..but I have no way to contact support.

Me too, I thinks that MQL5 Problem.

Files:
Problem.jpg  46 kb

Looks like VPS servers got hacked or something. Same issues, I thought I fucked up some settings and did Windows restore... 

1.MT4 can connect to trading account without MQL5 VPS? If MQL5 VPS does not work so MT4 should work and connected to trading account, right?
So, MT4 is working fine connected to the trading account ... right? Because if not so it is issue related to the broker (broker disabled some server for traders or rename the server, or any other action).

2.Can you move your subscription from one MQL5 VPS server to the other MQL5 VPS server using this link?

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

There is "Change server" ... so it is changing MQL5 VPS server from bad one to new one.
Did anyone try that?

3.What is written in MT4 journal/logs?
"not connected to hosting server" or something ...?

---------------------------

I may report about this issue to the service desk but I need to understand ... because they will ask ...
Because if I do not understand so - how can I report? I do not have MQL5 VPS now but my demo trading account stopped working for me (and I lost good stats for EA's trading) ... and I do not have MQL5 VPS ...

Sergey Golubev #:

1.MT4 can connect to trading account without MQL5 VPS? If MQL5 VPS does not work so MT4 should work and connected to trading account, right?
So, MT4 is working fine connected to the trading account ... right? Because if not so it is issue related to the broker (broker disabled some server for traders or rename the server, or any other action).

2.Can you move your subscription from one MQL5 VPS server to the other MQL5 VPS server using this link?

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

There is "Change server" ... so it is changing MQL5 VPS server from bad one to new one.
Did anyone try that?

3.What is written in MT4 journal/logs?
"not connected to hosting server" or something ...?

---------------------------

I may report about this issue to the service desk but I need to understand ... because they will ask ...
Because if I do not understand so - how can I report? I do not have MQL5 VPS now but my demo trading account stopped working for me (and I lost good stats for EA's trading) ... and I do not have MQL5 VPS ...

We can move the subscription to another server, but those accounts are subscribed to MQL VPS, are unable to open the MT4. example : 1001 is account number which subscribed to MQL VPS, even though I tried to log in this account at another MT4 terminal, with logged in the MQL Community, the MT4 will become "Unspecified error", if you closed the terminal and restart again, that terminal get infected and cannot start up. If you move to another MT4 again, then another MT4 will get infected again.

This is not the brokers issue I'm sure, I subscribed with IC Markets & FTMO both having same issue.