Signal stop working after "CMC Market" change some symbol name in forex

Hi,

My broker CMC Market did an update during the weekend, they add more products and update some symbol name on forex, metals and bitcoin.

After the update my open orders moved automatically to the new symbol and closed any open order received from my signal subscription also no more signal update received.

What could be the issue? 

Attached screenshot from Market Watch that show the new symbol name.

Also attached the log screenshot, my account sync with the signal I subscript but the symbol not found due to the new update, my broker change the symbol to EURCAD.r

Any solution for this?  

Thank you

How to Subscribe to Trading Signals
How to Subscribe to Trading Signals
  • www.mql5.com
The Signals service introduces social trading with MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. The Service is integrated into the trading platform, and allows anyone to easily copy trades of professional traders. Select any of the thousands of signal providers, subscribe in a few clicks and the provider's trades will be copied on your account.
Files:
MT4Logs.JPG  135 kb

Hi @Ahmad Ajawi!

My name is Benjamin Charbonneau and I was a big part of the upgrade to the platform a few months back.

In order to add 0.0 spreads on FX + 176 total FX pairs, 12 cryptocurrencies + 15 commodities = we had to use a suffix such as EURUSD.r 

I'm hoping your situation was quickly resolved. It does sound it would just be a matter of relaunching the platform and resetting the subscription but I would be interested in hearing more about your experience so far. We will be launching MT5 soon and your feedback is always welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions as I'll be very active on this forum moving forward. 

Ahmad Ajawi:

Hi,

My broker CMC Market did an update during the weekend, they add more products and update some symbol name on forex, metals and bitcoin.

After the update my open orders moved automatically to the new symbol and closed any open order received from my signal subscription also no more signal update received.

What could be the issue? 

Attached screenshot from Market Watch that show the new symbol name.

Also attached the log screenshot, my account sync with the signal I subscript but the symbol not found due to the new update, my broker change the symbol to EURCAD.r

Any solution for this?  

Thank you

Did you get this sorted?

I'm with CMC and when they changed their symbols it certainly interfered with an EA I was running. Did you check symbol list to make sure the new symbols are listed?

As an aside, I've never had any luck with signals, and I since found its best to be with the same broker as the signal provider for maximum synchronisation.