Metatrader 4 works but 5 no longer does?

Hey everyone,

I am pulling my hair out here and Google isn't giving me any joy for a solution.

I installed MQL5 over the weekend and everything was running smoothly, on Monday I placed 3 trades, all good. Today I went into MQL5 and it can't connect (demo account, I trade through a broker that doesn't use metatrader and their charts are awful). I have tried re-scanning for networks, creating a new demo account (it won't let me, it just takes ages trying to download 1kb at a time...) I have used the US server, re-installed over the top of it, uninstalled it completely and done a fresh install. I have amended my windows and Avast firewalls to make sure it is allowed through, I have completely disabled both firewalls, all to no avail.

Then I install MQL4 and everything works smoothly, I'm straight in getting data with a new demo account and all is well. Except for the fact I just paid $100 for a custom MQL5 script to be created yesterday which now won't work on MQL4 :(

So has anyone else had an experience like this? Where MQL5 worked but stopped, and MQL4 seems to work fine?

Any help is much appreciated!

Steve

Contact your broker. They must have some tech support.

cwave:

Yep same issue.

Looked in my Journal and it says "Service is not available" somethings up any input on this issue out there.

I have several instances of MT5 running all day on two computers with no problems.

I am wondering about the firewall settings hindering your connection.