Trailing TP - page 9

JRandomTrader #:

That's why I'm talking about an algorithm for this movement.

An algorithm is a good thing!

But when the algorithm is based on VALUE, that's the right point...

And when the algorithm is based on a NUMBER (in the form of a SL or TP), taken from the ceiling, it's a different matter...

JRandomTrader #:

That's why I'm talking about the algorithm for this movement.

And yes, I have profitable strategies that have been trading on the plus side for several years .

Then what are you doing here?

Not knowing how to multiply your pluses?

Nobody knows that.

There is no algorithm with which to determine how much to move SL and TP.

Petros Shatakhtsyan #:

This will make it clearer:

I already told you that TP and SL are virtual, they start to work after opening an order.

Yes you have a virtual SL trawl, on pullbacks you cover in profit and that's it, it's a virtual SL trawl. THEME about trawl TP..... these are different things.....

JRandomTrader #:

TP and SL are not what we called it, but in fact: TP is what closes the trade when price moves in our direction, SL is what closes the trade when price moves against us. And the TP, sliding, can close in minus, and

SL, sliding, can close in the plus side.

--------

Absolutely correct.

JRandomTrader #:

The fact that the SL has been moved to Breakeven does not make it a TP. Likewise, if the TP is set at a loss, it does not become a SL.

To all:

A sliding TP is a way of fixing a loss not on the bottom but on a "bounce", except that such a bounce may be further in the loss area than the SL would be.

---------

Exactly, there were exps in the code base here..... with a trawl TP, can't find it yet.....

Serqey Nikitin #:

An algorithm is a good thing!

But when the algorithm is based on PRICE, that's the right point...

But when the algorithm is based on a NUMBER (in the form of a SL or TP), taken from the ceiling, that's a different matter...

What exactly is the algorithm?

JRandomTrader #:

That's why I'm talking about the algorithm for this movement.

And yes, I have profitable strategies that have been trading on the plus side for years.

2Georgy! Liga! Do you see it?
Write to Georg, please, because he spits his League of Rates in all branches of the forum, not seeing anything else!!!!
This is great!

Vladimir Baskakov #:
What exactly is the algorithm?

Trailing takeprofit behind the price to the downside.

Petros Shatakhtsyan #:

Then what are you doing here?

Don't know how to multiply your pluses?

No one knows that.

There is no algorithm with which to determine how much to move SL and TP.

There are statistics. There is simply and bluntly market capacity, typical volatility and seasonal fluctuations.

to the question "how to move a TP so that a trade closes on it with 85% probability in N time", the answer comes from 3rd year engineering school.

i.e. fxsaber correctly says - instead of trailing SL (stop order) you can and should trail TP (limit)

But the question "how to make an amount work on the profit" is another question :-)

Dmitry Fedoseev #:

Trailing takeprofit behind the price to the downside.

Getting there for the second day, like a partisan