Trailing TP - page 20

On reflection, applying a trawl tee when optimising the parameters improves the strategy, but only slightly. So it is very likely that all these improvements will not show up in real life. As our sensei says, it is better to act locally, according to the situation, than to trust money to a simple optimised machine.

This is even more true of the stop trawl.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

Although I like the idea of a limit on both sides better. But here are the right ranges it's tricky.

Valery, I've tried it, so far it doesn't improve. This search for the right ranges, gives different sets of options that introduce even more uncertainty in the way forward.

TrailingTakeProfit Expert Advisor Ver2

This version of the Expert Advisor additionally contains trailing stoplosses to try working with simultaneously adjustable take and stop levels as suggested by Valery.

I have run one optimization but do not know what to say about the result. Give it a try.

Files:

By the way, it is possible to intelligently spend TP not on a fixed distance,

but by keeping the TP/SL ratio within reasonable limits. If it has become too big (it is moving towards a stop loss and the TP/SL ratio is increasing - then move it closer to the target)

I don't even know, Maxim. Here the trailing distance is a fixed distance, but not to the price, but to the extremum of the last few candles. That is, some current volatility is taken into account, so as not to be hit by a hairpin. But the result of closing a position by the system signal in my experience was better than even such a stop trawl.

I haven't experimented much with take profit, it was Sergei who recently gave me a good idea.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:

I don't even know, Maxim. Here the trailing distance is a fixed distance, but not to the price, but to the extremum of the last few candles. That is, some current volatility is taken into account, so as not to be hit by a hairpin. But the result of closing a position by the system signal in my experience was better than even such a stop trawl.

I haven't made any experiments with takei - Sergey recently gave me such a good idea.

Just a note: if we trawl on the last candles, with falling volatility we will be short even in flat - price will slip away and TP will be taken late and at a bad price
This is a common problem with all trawls - we have to watch volatility very carefully.

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

Just a note: if you trawl from the last candles, with falling volatility there will be underperformance even in flat - price will slip and take a late and bad price
This is a common problem with all trawls - you have to watch volatility very carefully

You are on drugs.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:

On reflection, applying a trawl tee when optimising the parameters improves the strategy, but only slightly. So it is very likely that all these improvements will not show up in real life. As our sensei says, it is better to act locally, according to the situation, than to trust money to a simple optimised machine.

This is even more true for trawl stops.

As I said before - I am convinced that maintenance is the most important thing in the system. So, introducing trailing (any or both) does not "improve" the system, but significantly changes its essence.

My experience is that trailing TP is the most flat strategy. Take any period on the history without strong movements - and this is the strategy that will give the greatest benefit. Trailing SL is the most trendy strategy. Again, take periods of strong trends on history (say, Eurodollar from May 2014 to March 2015) - SL trailing systems work out great there.

Attempts to use two trails simultaneously have almost always yielded worse results than any other trailing system. Some successful combinations were probably due to the "transition period" on the symbol - from trend to flat or vice versa.

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

Just a note: if you trawl from the last candles, with falling volatility there will be underperformance even in flat - price will slip and the take will be taken late and at a bad price
This is a common problem with all trawls - you have to watch volatility very carefully.

No no. It's not a trawl problem, it's a trading problem in general. Take a system with fixed stops. If it doesn't watch volatility very carefully - at best it will lead to significant losses of profit. At worst, it will fail.

At high volatility trailing TP is unwise. But in a long flat - it is just what the doctor ordered.

Georgiy Merts #:

No way. It's not a trawl problem, it's a trading problem in general. Take a system with fixed stops. If it does not "watch volatility very closely" - it will also, at best, severely underperform. At worst, it will fail.

At high volatility trailing TP is unwise. But in a long flat - it is just what the doctor ordered.

Your trailing is nonsense, you need to keep the terminal always on. You need to have the terminal always on. You have gone over it for 10 pages again, you theorist.