Advisors that work - page 18

I don't agree that the topic of the thread is stupid. The topic starter simply failed to properly articulate the basic questions that plague him. In his wording, the topic is perceived as "Give me the <Money> button". But it's not the button he really needs. He needs to understand that it's not the trader or the advisor who makes money on Forex, but the TRADING SYSTEM. If the result of trading on it is sad, it is an indication of its imperfection. He should understand what tool is in his hands? Is it a trend trading system, counter-trend, flat, or even the work with random numbers, like on the roulette wheel?

Further, using this approach it is clear that a trend trading system works well (for example, sliding bar crossing), namely in a trend situation, but it is not good in a flat situation. This leads us to the conclusion that: 1) we need to be able to recognize where the up/down trend ends, 2) where the sideways movement begins and ends, 3) by what signs will we determine the start and end points of these movements and 4) what kind of trading system will we use at the current point?

He is looking for the perfect trading system. It is like a carpenter looking for the perfect chisel, which is enough to make any piece of wood. But a chisel is not enough. You need not only a set of tools, but also knowledge of what it is for, when to use it, how to make and read drawings, how to work with measurements, etc. This is a whole cosmos of nuances. And here you need to have or not sour persistence in the desire to learn a new profession, or be a romantic fanatic of his cause. Either way, you can't make a quick buck. Any casual success with a non-serious attitude will turn into a total failure. And that's okay. Everyone makes mistakes. Anyone can fall from a blow, but not everyone will find the strength to get up and carry on. Here, I tell you, it is either the will to win or mindless fanaticism.

Evgeniy Ilin #:
There are some that work, but the very topic of the thread is nonsense. No one will just show anything that works publicly in this thread because it might be considered as advertising. I could find such Expert Advisors, and I'm not the only one who could even grade them according to their price and features, but it's bullshit to do this publicly on the forum. At least it is not ethical in relation to the platform. But let's take any man who knows the truth about how to find a profitable EA, why would he want to spread it across the table? There really is nothing but fights and laughs here.

If there was just one "working" one, it would have been known to everyone by now, and everyone would be using it.

No TS, regardless of its complexity, can work for a long time. Complex TS can earn a lot if we are lucky, but due to the large number of "degrees of freedom" they are extremely unstable, and change their behavior very often. Simple TS with a small number of "degrees of freedom" are much more stable, they change their behaviour less frequently, but their profitability is much lower.

As a result, there is no difference between them, all of them need frequent reoptimisations and replacements, with very modest average profits.

Georgiy Merts #:

If there was even one "working" one, it would have been known to everyone by now, and everyone would be using it.

No TS, regardless of its complexity, can work for a long time. Complex TS can earn a lot if we are lucky, but due to the large number of "degrees of freedom" they are extremely unstable, and change their behavior very often. Simple TS with a small number of "degrees of freedom" are much more stable, they change their behavior less frequently, but their profitability is much lower.

As a result, there is no difference between them, all of them need frequent reoptimisations and replacements, with very modest average profits.

For example?

Vitaly Murlenko #:

He is looking for the perfect trading system. It's like a carpenter looking for the perfect chisel, which is enough to make any piece of wood. And the fact that one chisel is not enough here, that one needs not just a set of tools, but also knowledge of why one needs them,

That's generally true...

But let's continue with the tool analogy. Instead of chisels, you can have a CNC machine that can make any kind of product...

Thus, come to the understanding that a profitable EA is a rather complex TOOL ... But there is nothing forbidding about it - just a competently designed universal tool!

Serqey Nikitin #:

Generally true...

But let's continue this analogy with tools. Instead of chisels, you can take a CNC machine, which can make any product...

So, come to the understanding that a PROFITABLE EA is quite a complex INSTRUMENT... But there is nothing prohibitive about it - just a competently designed versatile tool!

I'll put you behind a CNC machine. You think you can just do what you want? The machine simply transfers the work from the intuitive level of muscular effort to the formalized level of programmatic description. The question "How to make the product you want with it" changes the form, but not the content.

Georgiy Merts #:

I'll put you behind a CNC machine. You think you're just going to make the product you want? The machine simply takes the work from the intuitive level of muscle power to the formalised level of programmatic descriptions. The question "How to make the product you want with it" changes the form, but not the content.

If you work by brute force method, like you, you can keep sitting around trying to find the golden goose in a pile of crap... and the fact that the pile doesn't contain the kernel...

Serqey Nikitin #:
Yes, that's right! You need KNOWLEDGE! If you work by trying options, like you do, you can hang out with advisers until you're blue in the face and try to find the golden mean in a pile of crap... and there's no telling what that mean is in the pile...
I think he'll find it, with such persistence. They tell him not to go there, don't go there, and he says: no, I'll find it!

JRandomTrader #:

I don't have the grail, but here is the "quarterly" result of a couple of robots, files attached.

They do not work on history (not all required information is there), the result is from simulated trades on a real chart, trading on FORTS, one contract, settings have not changed.

The one on RTS - trend one, I have it on real account already almost two years, on RTS, Si, MIX with identical settings, on RTS-3.22 I plan to put additionally one with a little others.

The one on Si is conditional counter-trend, I will set it for real trade from Si-3.22.

What are you trying to prove to these Forex traders? They do not need all this and they are not interested. They need a lot at once :)

I am a turner by first profession. In the vocational school, among other lathe classes, we were also taught CNC machines. This was in the THIRD and final year of vocational school. And I can tell you that programming a CNC machine requires a very good understanding of the process. If I chose the wrong cutting conditions at an ordinary lathe (for example, I missed the hardness of steel) - I will feel it with my hand and stop. With a CNC machine, you will not feel it - you'll just blow out the workpiece (at best the cutter). To use a CNC, you have to have a much more competent head than in "manual" part making. This brings us back to the starting point - you need solid knowledge, you need experience. And all this takes time and perseverance.

Vitaly Murlenko #:
I am a turner by first profession. We were taught CNC machines in vocational school, among other lathe classes. This was in the THIRD, final year of college. And I can tell you that programming a CNC machine requires a very good understanding of the process. If I chose the wrong cutting conditions at an ordinary lathe (for example, I missed the hardness of steel) - I will feel it with my hand and stop. With a CNC machine, you will not feel it - you'll just blow out the workpiece (at best the cutter). To use a CNC, you have to have a much more competent head than in "manual" part making. This brings us back to the starting point - you need solid knowledge, you need experience. And all this takes time and perseverance.

Who told you that everything in trading is very simple and straightforward...?

Trading is first and foremost BUSINESS! And like any other business you need above all KNOWLEDGE..., and specific knowledge which is not currently taught anywhere...