Correlation, allocation in a portfolio. Calculation methods - page 12

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

That's funny. You're adding, or rather multiplying, the probabilities) so you can get more than 100 per cent results.

The probability of 2 people being a match is 1/2 at 23. How do you calculate the probability of two and one more? At least don't add up the probabilities. Count the probability of the new event on the probability of the ones already counted. It can't get any higher than that))))

I'm quoting from Wiki. Basically, it's an adequate description thereafter.

PapaYozh:

I quoted from the Wiki. In principle, there is an adequate description thereafter.

Well, it wasn't spelled out all the way through. So in the theorist, the logic is not obvious almost everywhere. It is a common mistake by the way. It is not so easy to formalise the coincidence of three to calculate probability, or rather to formalise it logically. Easier as a match of two, calculate and then as a match of two and three.

Common errors, probability 1/2 of 1/2 we multiply, but here 1/3 of 1/7 there are plenty of options for wrong decisions. They even add up.)

And what's more, the probability of 1/3 of 1/7 or 1/7 of 1/3 half says the same.)) What can I say.